Inglorious Drunkards² (Tavern Brawls + Solo Duels)

MaveriK

"Pull up a stool old friend and reminis of older times. Meat and ale in the usual place but everyone's out on maneuvers so don't expect to have to duck unless out of habbit. Pretty sure your tankard is already on the bar."

Forte returns to nursing his half empty tankard. Looking into the distance through a window. Dreaming of more rawcus times with the others. Greenhorn, Skadi, Iron Chin, Postal and countless others.

And then suddenly, the main tavern doors opened....and a mysterious figure in hooded cloak with a blackmane wolf pelt around his shoulders, a scar that can be seen on the right side of his face, looks around the great tavern hall and sees his beloved wolf brothers and sisters drinking and resting and proceeds to walk towards the kitchen. Everyone's eyes were upon him and at first, but no one was sure who that man was but there's something familiar about him. Moment's later, that man walked out and went behind the bar counter and picked up something then went back into the kitchen and the sound of a door closing in the kitchen back door can be heard, and the gentle breeze of spring time wind started blowing through the windows. Then Skadi realizes something....that scar, that scent that still lingers....the scent that reeks of sorrow, and she thought to herself 'It can't be'....and she starts to become suspicious. Just as she was thinking to herself, suddenly the tavern doors opened once more, and this time it was Elder Ulrik and Njal and the s.o.b/battle sister Ephrael Stern. And everyone stood to their feet as the elders walked in....

Ulrik : Where is he? Where is that lad?

Consult your runes, brother wolves, and please tell me this is the resurgence of Inglorious... We have waited patiently for Mav's return from his great hunt may he return safe and soon. However, I may have to step up as substitute tavern master and clean off the dust in this dank and disgusting place! Certainly I'll be the prettiest substitute tavern master unless someone else wishes to step up?

Oh, how I have the most elegant design updates for this place! Crystal chandeliers, gold leaf etching, floors of ivory marble, rich paintings, and legions of angel statues adorning every corner! Most pleasing, indeed.

Consult your runes, brother wolves, and please tell me this is the resurgence of Inglorious... We have waited patiently for Mav's return from his great hunt may he return safe and soon. However, I may have to step up as substitute tavern master and clean off the dust in this dank and disgusting place! Certainly I'll be the prettiest substitute tavern master unless someone else wishes to step up?

Oh, how I have the most elegant design updates for this place! Crystal chandeliers, gold leaf etching, floors of ivory marble, rich paintings, and legions of angel statues adorning every corner! Most pleasing, indeed.

Ok do that then,forte we'll have some more things to destroy ;)

I say if someone wants to step up and be tavern master the more power to them.

after our hunt, i had some hopes for you...

and now thats gone.

WLK

*Speakers starts hissing with static and flaring to life, breaking the dead silence in the great tavern hall....*

Careful Brother Night Angel, I would not do that if i were you, and I've got me eyes on ya/you.... :devil: :P

Accidental revival achieved

Like a boss. If I get the hang of running Inglorious(All Father willing) I might work up the courage to open up another Hunt as well! Maybe it will give our blood claws a chance to not fail so hard...

Alright, if everyone is fine with me being substitute tavern master(the prettiest and most elegant of all tavern masters) I'll be opening signups soon. I'm thinking about opening up a new thread for night 5, but I feel that only Mav should have the power to start new Inglorious threads just in case he returns to us and wants to take his mantle back. On the other side of the argument, the new thread will just be only night 5 so if he comes back for 6 he can restart his own. Thoughts on organization?

Does anyone know if Skadi still roams the halls of the Fang? I need the title description changed to Night 5 if we are going to stay in this thread.

Final order of business: I expect each and every one of you bathed and well trimmed before the bout. We are men, not savages. B)

@forte: The squig pens need remodeling as well. Not even the lowliest spec of warp filth deserves such unkempt conditions equivalent to the tavern.

@Arez: Such destruction will warrant immediate purgatorial action via the most angelic and polished of honor guard.

@WLK: Let not your heart be troubled, brother-wolf. My body has almost fully healed back to its majestic and noble stature. There's still hope yet!

@TLW: Who in their right mind would resist such elegant and classy designs?

@L-LD: I expect Hobbes bathed and well trimmed. Even animals shouldn't have the audacity of being savage.

Alright, if everyone is fine with me being substitute tavern master(the prettiest and most elegant of all tavern masters) I'll be opening signups soon. I'm thinking about opening up a new thread for night 5, but I feel that only Mav should have the power to start new Inglorious threads just in case he returns to us and wants to take his mantle back. On the other side of the argument, the new thread will just be only night 5 so if he comes back for 6 he can restart his own. Thoughts on organization?

Does anyone know if Skadi still roams the halls of the Fang? I need the title description changed to Night 5 if we are going to stay in this thread.

Final order of business: I expect each and every one of you bathed and well trimmed before the bout. We are men, not savages. :lol:

@forte: The squig pens need remodeling as well. Not even the lowliest spec of warp filth deserves such unkempt conditions equivalent to the tavern.

@Arez: Such destruction will warrant immediate purgatorial action via the most angelic and polished of honor guard.

@WLK: Let not your heart be troubled, brother-wolf. My body has almost fully healed back to its majestic and noble stature. There's still hope yet!

@TLW: Who in their right mind would resist such elegant and classy designs?

@L-LD: I expect Hobbes bathed and well trimmed. Even animals shouldn't have the audacity of being savage.

Why not make a IG like thread that can take place in another room of the Fang?Your honor guard are no better at fighting that Guardsmen ^_^.and why should we be men when we can be Astartes?you misguided angel

I have and know his password. I'll change the date myself :lol: and thank you for running the tavern! It's been far too quiet here in the Fang

Thus with the backing of the Tavern Master and his Maiden (ye Mr & Mrs MaveriK) ^_^ we shall have our old home open again soon!

p.s. thanks Skadi and best wishes to mav's swift return

@Zynk, methinks hobbes and co would probably 'accidentaly' get released into the tavern and re-savage it, so it's all nice for us wolves ^_^

I have and know his password. I'll change the date myself ^_^ and thank you for running the tavern! It's been far too quiet here in the Fang

Sweet! If you can change it to Night 5 BRAWL: Sign-ups due Aug 13th I'll take it from there. It just occurred to me, did we ever finish night 4? I don't think we did so on that note please make it "Night 4 BRAWL: Re-sign-ups due Aug 13th". A stroke of luck for me because 4 is my favorite number!

@Arez: You would want my honor guard to fight somewhere else... do I smell hints of fear?

EDIT(again): I'll put up the official start of signups tonight. I have some... "redecorating"... to do :lol:

@Arez: You would want my honor guard to fight somewhere else... do I smell hints of fear?

Wolves know no fear,all i was saying was your honour Guard are crappy fighters.

Many thanks Skadi,will you take part in it?

Woo hoo!!!

First casualty will be any 'pansy marine' decoration. And don't even think of changing the drinks to that dodgy berry based stuff you favour. Not unless you want a brawl to turn into all out war!!!

I have and know his password. I'll change the date myself :) and thank you for running the tavern! It's been far too quiet here in the Fang

Sweet! If you can change it to Night 5 BRAWL: Sign-ups due Aug 13th I'll take it from there. It just occurred to me, did we ever finish night 4? I don't think we did so on that note please make it "Night 4 BRAWL: Re-sign-ups due Aug 13th". A stroke of luck for me because 4 is my favorite number!

updated!

Many thanks Skadi,will you take part in it?

yes!

wait so are we doing solo duels also? or just the main brawl?

Night 4... take 2

gallery_24878_5332_20521.jpg

Inglorious Drunkards II was inspired by:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=194681

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=206879

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=217688

:: The Turn Sequence ::

1) Movement. A player moves similar to a rook and bishop in chess; moving any number of squares along rank, file, or diagonal

2) Shooting. (OPTIONAL, may go directly into combat if user wishes) Players can throw weapons available in each square tile in the map, weapons that consist from bottles, chairs, tables and the occasional Blood Claw. Shooting causes the player to be stunned and pinned.

Coming under fire without knowing where the shots are coming from in the tavern can be extremely shocking, making the targeted drunkards fighting in the tavern or solo duels, throw themselves flat on the floor. If a drunkard suffers any unsaved wounds from a shooting attack, he or she takes a Ld test to see if the ranged attack was severe enough to sustain a stunned result. From there, he or she must then take take a pinning test. This is a normal Leadership test.

(So that's two Ld test in total. I've decided on this because I wanted EVERYONE to have a chance to get into close combat, and I didn't want people to get taken out of the tavern so quickly if they failed their armour saves during the shooting phase. Those who are already stunned, are far more vulnerable during shooting phase as they are already stunned. Stunned results DO NOT stack!) So pretty much I envisioned it to be like a real-life scenario bar fight. Someone is constantly throwing bottles at you, and if you get hit... there is a chance it can cause damage. From there you can't do much but take-cover until the shooting stops. It's as simple as that! at least, I'd like to think so.

If a drunkard is pinned, they are unable to aid fellow drunkards, as he or she is stuck in their location until he or she is able to move once again, using the movement rules. Just remember. EVERYTHING thrown at you at the tavern has range! drunkards who are pinned cannot move into close combat, but can be charged at by an opponent. Counter-attack still applies! As long as test are passed, a drunkard may be called upon to take multiple pinning test, slowing their advance to get into close combat with an opponent in the tavern brawl.

Remember, this is a tavern brawl with tactics in mind. Slowing down League members with shooting is a smart way to capitalize on strategy, so use it wisely! Please take note, that you CANNOT target opponents/drunkards who are already locked in combat. You can assemble and build a uber team, but I'd like to think that I've set-up the tavern so that for those few, who knows how to utilize the map, the rules and the movements... they can pretty much keep things balanced. Wolves are cunning, it's not about who's a league member, or has the largest group of allies. In the end, it all comes down to strategy, and luck. May the dice gods favor the bold!

3) Close Combat. Drunkards in each tile may choose to fight in close combat against those on the adjacent tile(s). Each user has the option to tag-team, or fight other users occupying a single tile in close combat. Once a player fails his save, he continues fight on with the following negative modifiers (-1 attack, -1 initiative) until he fails his leadership test.

Each member is responsible for giving out their instructions to their pack leader (alpha). Players have a total of 24hrs (12hrs North American side, 12hrs European/Asian side) to submit their instructions to keep the brawl running smoothly. Passed out or inactive members during the brawl are given a specified time to react (24hrs). If we hear nothing from the user, his character is then stripped, shaven, de-fanged, dressed as a Dark Angel marine and thrown out of the tavern, and is therefore referred to as an oath breaker! It's just that simple.

:: The Rules ::

1) Indicate your character's location and actions to a designated bartender/servitor. Post your instructions, it helps keep track of everyone on the trend and keeps everyone entertained at the same time. Lastly... PRAY to the dice gods!

2) Only three users may occupy one tile. Each character has the Independent special rule.

3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members. Your pack may team up with several other packs. The more the better! start a gang just in case other Astartes chapters decide to crash our party. Just remember, at the end of the night there can only be one man standing. Even if your team manages to be the victor of the night, the pack needs an alpha. Therefore to run your pack, you have to fight for the title.

4) Close combat weapons are temporary and are destroyed or left behind as your character moves onto the next tile. You can throw weapons, which counts as your shooting.

5) Once a user fails his armour save, a leadership roll is made to see if the drunkard can still stand and fight with negative modifiers (-1 WS, -1 A, -1 I) the drunkard breaks off from combat and restarts at a safe location. Once a user fails his final armour save, the character is rendered unconscious and is therefore subject to being used as a weapon by anyone in the tile or can be used as an ablative wound. ie. imagine a drunken Blood Claw being used by a long fang as a weapon

6) Mjod, before each round all the brawlers that are not locked into combat need to state wether they wish to drink a stein of mjod. incase of no answer it will be assumed they didn't drink any for that round. Should a brawler drink the mjod before the start of the turn a single D6 is rolled to see what effect the mjod has on the brawler. the results of the roll are descriped underneath and will last for the following D6 turns to represent the longer effect of the mjod inside the wolf his blood. Any brawler can opt to drink mjod in another turn, even if the previous mjod is still in effect.

-6- the mjod kicks into action and the brawler start to feel capable of doing anything, the rouse is so complete he's unaware of pain and will only feel the bruises the next morning.- for the following game turn the brawler gains the feel no pain rule

-5- slowly starting to get drunk the brawler becomes more and more aggresive, getting fustrated easier and even more easy to jump into combat.-for the following game turn the brawler gains the furious charge special rule.(this bonus stacks with the furious charge of stormclaws)

-4- in an attempt to gain the upper hand the brawler breaks his stein after downing the mjod so he can use it as an extra weapon.- for the following game turn the brawler gains +1A

-3-2- the mjod seems to have no effect on the brawler

-1- the mjod gains the upper hand of the brawler, and his visage begins to blur as the combat ensues.before the start of the round the brawler become -1 WS and -1BS.

7) The second last remaining drunkard becomes a league member. If one of the players is already a League member, then no League championship happens during that night of fighting. League members have access to upgrades of the following: Wolf Guard, Iron Priest, and Storm Claw.

8) The last man standing, wins the game and earns the title of Inglorious Brawler.

:: Pack Wide Rules ::

And They Shall Know No Fear

Acute Senses

Counter-attack

:: THE MAP ::

gallery_52275_4552_375651.png

:: Tavern Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_64204.jpggallery_24878_5332_27007.jpg

(users choose one of the following troop choices)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Blood Claw

1) Headstrong. As indicated at SW: Codex

2) Berserk Charge. As indicated at SW: Codex

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Hunter

1) Mark of the Wulfen, no rending

2) Wolf Standard. May re-roll only one failed armour save

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Slayer (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

2) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Scout (Wolf Scouts are solitude warriors that are touched by Lokyar. Wolf Scouts may only join a team if there are two other Wolf Scouts attached in a team. Wolf Scouts working together and numbering three or more in a team, gains 3+ armour save for the remainder of the entire brawl.)

1) Brawlers who wish to strike at a Wolf Scout (shooting or close combat) must first roll Ld to see if he can attack the Wolf Scout

2) Disarm and Stun. During any combat, a Wolf Scout may attempt to disengage. The Wolf Scout rolls a D6: On a result of 4+, the Wolf Scout may redeploy anywhere on the battlefield after the combat round is resolved.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Long Fang

1) Double Tap. Long Fangs gain the ability to shoot two attacks per tile

2) Fire Control. Allows other Long Fangs who are sharing a tile, gains an added shooting attack to their Double Tap special rule.

ex. 3 Long Fangs sharing a tile, have a total of 9 shooting attacks

:: League Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpggallery_24878_5332_7722.jpg

(League Members ONLY. Inglorious Brawlers may upgrade their characters to the following)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Guard

1) TDA. 2+ armour save

2) Runic Charm. May re-roll one failed armour save.

3) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Iron Priest

1) Runic Armour. 2+ armour save

2) Bionics. May choose to forfeit all attacks to make a single double strength attack on opponent.

3) Servo-Arm. Gains an additional attack, but may wish to forfeit this attack for a single double strength attack on opponent.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Storm Claw (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Furious Charge

2) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

3) Healing Potions & Balms. Old tech, borrowed from the 13th company wolf priest. May ignore one failed armour save, may also help revive fallen team mate, per tile.

SPACE WOLF CHAMPIONS

gallery_24878_5332_11488.jpggallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg

SEASON ONE

Night One: Sturm Moonwolf (Long Fang)

Night Two: Growler67 (Wolf Scout Korvis)

Night Three: TiguriusX (Grey Hunter)

Night Four: MaveriK (Grey Hunter)

Night Five: Orphus (Blood Claw)

SEASON TWO

Night One: maverik_girl (Grey Hunter/Shield Maiden)

Night Two: runningwolffenris (Blood Claw)

Night Three: MaveriK (Wolf Guard)

LEAGUE MEMBERS

League Member: Nacho Wolf

League Member: Firenze

League Member: Decoy

League Member: Mikal Wolfheart

League Member: Starkhan Fellblade

League Member: Wolf Lord Metuhs

League Member: The LoneWolf

League Member: Chapter Master Ignis Domus

League Member: hendrik

League Member: BrotherCrazywolf

League Member: Jonas Stromclaw

League Member: Wolf Lord Kieran

League Member: Brother Ramses

League Member: Zynk Kaladin

League Member: Arez

gallery_24878_5332_101804.jpg

:: Solo Duels ::

Members of the Fang are welcomed to call out other members in order to settle unspoken grudges or help end a debate/argument from withing the threads here at B&C, via by challenging each other here at the Fang. The winner of the solo match is deemed the alpha between the two combatants and gains a bonus when the actual tavern brawl begins. The alpha can choose one of the following bonuses: extra close combat attack, or an initiative boost. Solo duels are also a good way to help decide, who leads each team for the actual brawl. Established chain of command will follow to the challenger of the solo duel should the alpha of the pack is knocked out during the tavern brawl. Please note that the solo match is separate from the brawl. After the fighting, both players reset to their original state. The solo duels help kick off the actual brawl because their fighting.

:: Wise Wolf Words ::

gallery_24878_5332_12067.jpg

TAVERN MASTER: Just a reminder to those involved, including myself. Let us all try to be more responsible with our words and actions. Let's try and not let these types mindset/role playing, spill over to the different threads here at the Fang. Remember... it takes a vast amount of self control to be a Son of Russ. So let us all be grateful for what we have here at the Fang, and be thankful for all it's past and current members, along with our moderators who enforce and help keep this place feel like home.

As the noble lord of the Night Angels surveys his additions to the tavern, he cant help but smile for truly the tavern has never looked more magnificent. He strides purposefully to the tavern master's throne and, patting off the dust, reclines with lazy elegance. He catches various gazes from amongst the slowly assembling wolves. Mischief and lust for destruction reflect on the eyes of the youthful bloodclaws as their gazes dart from fragile baubles to unprotected adornments. Cool disquiet from the Grey Hunters, eyes looking challengingly at the substitute tavern master. Uninterested grunts are barely heard from the old, wizened long fangs as they gulp down their mead. Satisfied with his brother-wolves' reactions, the substitute tavern master addresses the pack.

"Indeed I have given you a beautify scene for a brawl. In return, please show me... show me how true SONS OF RUSS SMASH in the name of the ALL FATHER!"

Signups are now officially open. Also, solo duels are a go and strongly encouraged!

EDIT: Don't forget to mention your packs to me as well!

Archived