Ad Mech Pattern Land Raider

Hieronymus

Currently I'm working on a 1/12 scale Predator Destructor but I'm already looking forward. After this I would like to make a Land Raider based vehicle but not one of the known patterns.

So I have been thinking, the Imperial Guard have a recovery and salvage vehicle but as far as I know Space Marines don't. I wanted to make one but one that would me awesome and the pride of a Techpriest.

I came up with a Land Raider with "Mechandrites" Instead of weapon sponsons on the side it will have 4 foldable robotic legs hinged from each hatch to lift itself from the ground to gain a good foothold and two larger robotic arms that can neatly be folded over the track sections on the upper side. They can be used for heavy lifting and welding etc. And when they are folded up the hooks are on the rear so they can tow the largest of vehicles.

The base chassis I think would be best to use for this is a Prometheus. it has a nice hull without a weapon slot. I also thought it should be fitted with Grav Chutes on the front and the back on both sides. And something to make one hell of a smokescreen when it deploys in the direst of needs. I'm thinking about a adding a dozer blade and extra armour like the stuff the Achilles has and it would not need a Assault Ramp. Suffering any offensive capabilities for defensive and constructive capabilities.

I don't intend to make it a gaming model, I would like to make a prototype in 1:56 (40K size) on short term.

What do you think of the idea?

If anyone would like to make a gaming model of it or create some fluff or rules for this you're welcome.

Kind Regards,

Hieronymus.

Very cool idea. I would suggest upgraded Smoke Launchers that grant the benefit to every vehicle within 6" (if they don't shoot). Give it repair rules similar to a Techmarine (perhaps with the ability to recover even a Wrecked vehicle?).

I like it without any weapons at all. Makes it a bit more unique.

My one question is whether they would actually use something as big as a Landraider for this. It might actually make sense as a Rhino variant rather than a 'Raider.

Well If it is a heavy duty vehicle which needs to repair, tow or recover vehicles I think they would use a Landraider for the job. And I like the idea for it to be able to deploy like this:

http://www.miniature-construction-world.co...00/IMG_6015.jpg

Idea for the "landing" gear/grav chutes, the units on the front and back of the storm raven:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-L1_lFngGqaI/Tcqb...ven_Gunship.png

Well If it is a heavy duty vehicle which needs to repair, tow or recover vehicles I think they would use a Landraider for the job.
I suppose that if it is expected to be able to tow, then it would need to be a Landraider. If it's simply intended to repair, then a Rhino would do the job.

Definitely like it, and I like the Grav Chute idea. Seems fitting that it could Deepstrike where needed. I would suggest (rules wise) that it allow one fewer dice when rolling to scatter.

i have been desinging one like that as a salvage-recovery rescue landraider/rhino, for my space wolves

with a (snow) shovel-front, 2 cranes on top of the tracks and other rescue salvage-recovery equippement. mosty for looks, but also some apoc rules

i will post them soon

like yours they dont have weapons,

but mine do have non leathel in game effect waopns

CO2 blaster:

flamertemplate models hit must make a armour save

if more then 3 fail teh squad is frozen and cant do anything that oncoming playerturn

and foamblanket

After hearing the name I had come up with for a day through my head I think it is not catchy and sticking enough. It was latin for repairing.

Other possible names:

Incus(latin for anvil)

Fabris(latin for smith/craftsman)

Hephaestus(Roman God of Technology and craftmanship.)

So (This is just my impression) basically you want a Landraider chassis with some sort of de-chaosed Defiler Leg based Mechadendrites (4 walkers deployed from the side hatches and 2 Manipulator arms (with all sorts of attachments probably taken from Techmarine Servo Harnesses) for salvaging, possibly using parts from the Stormraven to make it look less chaotic. Then you'd strategically place smoke launchers and grav chutes on it and probably have the only guns on it be the hull assault cannons. Personally I'd leave the assault ramp on it as an entryway since you have all four access doors replaced with walker legs. You can put the Dozer on the back realistically. Maybe you could use the Land Raider Achilles design too. The Achilles just looks like a Mechanicus variant with the way the armor is put together and the strong ties to Mars.

Call it the Landraider Kheiron after the wise centaur. It has four legs, 2 arms, and a the wisdom of a Technomagi.

So (This is just my impression) basically you want a Landraider chassis with some sort of de-chaosed Defiler Leg based Mechadendrites (4 walkers deployed from the side hatches and 2 Manipulator arms (with all sorts of attachments probably taken from Techmarine Servo Harnesses) for salvaging, possibly using parts from the Stormraven to make it look less chaotic. Then you'd strategically place smoke launchers and grav chutes on it and probably have the only guns on it be the hull assault cannons. Personally I'd leave the assault ramp on it as an entryway since you have all four access doors replaced with walker legs. You can put the Dozer on the back realistically. Maybe you could use the Land Raider Achilles design too. The Achilles just looks like a Mechanicus variant with the way the armor is put together and the strong ties to Mars.

Call it the Landraider Kheiron after the wise centaur. It has four legs, 2 arms, and a the wisdom of a Technomagi.

Yes that's about it. But it won't use the legs to walk but to strengthen it's foothold in order to be able to lift very heavy things. But I don't want assault cannons. I was thinking today about re-arranging the power plant on the rear to make two rows of two exhausts on the inner sides of the track and create an entryway there. And the dozer can be on the front. I'm still thinking about if it will deploy the legs before or after the landing. And I want to go for a more clean mechanical look so the two cranes on the top won't be attachment almost obliteratory crowded with thing attached on all angles. But clean lifting levers perhaps with pistons etc. With a clamping and repairing capability.

i have been desinging one like that as a salvage-recovery rescue landraider/rhino, for my space wolves

with a (snow) shovel-front, 2 cranes on top of the tracks and other rescue salvage-recovery equippement. mosty for looks, but also some apoc rules

i will post them soon

like yours they dont have weapons,

but mine do have non leathel in game effect waopns

CO2 blaster:

flamertemplate models hit must make a armour save

if more then 3 fail teh squad is frozen and cant do anything that oncoming playerturn

and foamblanket

I would love to see your design. Great minds think alike sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
an assault cannon or whatever 1 weapon you whant to mount in the 1 remaining spot sounds weak. I know its a tow vehicle but give it some firepower. I suggest a demolisher cannon where the assault cannon should be. and a dozer blade at the front.

Archived