Infernus Pistol or PowerWeapon on DC...?

alejandrinus

Hi brothers, im currently building my 10 DC squad and while putting my 2 power weapons models(the squad includes 1 fist and 2 power weapons) i started thinking if it would be better to put the infernus pistol instead. Thinking of it before the squad charge 1 shot S8 AP1 keepind the +1A (x2models)

what do you think?

And the other DC question is mixed squad of DC with bolters and 2 CCW for example PFist Bolter + 3 bolters + 4 bolt pistol/CCW + 2 IP(PW)/CCW

Anyone as used it in games or is better for example DC in rhinos all bolters ; DC with packs or in stormraven all CCW.

Well thanks in advance, sorry for my english i hope its clear my questions :P

A Power Weapon will probably be more useful- Infernus Pistols just trick you into thinking the unit can kill tanks, which it really won't be able to. Stick with their specialty of close combat.

Don't mix Bolters in with Bolt Pistols; the Pistol is usually superior, but the Bolter can be a bit of fun, just focus on doing all one or all the other.

DC in a Rhino with Bolters isn't awful, but not great, either. DC with Jump Packs are awful, never take them. DC in a Stormraven are awesome, set them up just as you have listed (and add Lemartes or a Reclusiarch) and you have a powerful attack force.

A Power Weapon will probably be more useful- Infernus Pistols just trick you into thinking the unit can kill tanks, which it really won't be able to. Stick with their specialty of close combat.

Don't mix Bolters in with Bolt Pistols; the Pistol is usually superior, but the Bolter can be a bit of fun, just focus on doing all one or all the other.

DC in a Rhino with Bolters isn't awful, but not great, either. DC with Jump Packs are awful, never take them. DC in a Stormraven are awesome, set them up just as you have listed (and add Lemartes or a Reclusiarch) and you have a powerful attack force.

Actually, if you're using a power fist you get a benefit from using a bolter instead of the bolt pistol. I hadn't considered this until now, but it gives you one extra bolter shot in charge range and doesn't cost you an attack in combat. Suddenly I feel I'll be changing up my list slightly! :)

Aside from the afore mentioned fist bolters, in a 8 or 9man squad I run one or two spare bolters. This helps with wound allocation. I strongly, strongly suggest it!!

Thanks to all brothers AbusePuppy, Brother_Byhlli vharing and Morticon with your help

I ve decided to build the squad with my first thought of doing the 10 man of DC the following way

1 PFist+ Bolter + 3 bolters + 4 bolt pistol/CCW + 2 PW/CCW + Lemmy

As I type the glue is drying in some plastic mens hoping in the weekend i upload a few pics of them.

In other hand i think with Astorath is better to run a mini DC squad (3 to 5 DCs) with jumpacks and a single hammer or fist, ive to think of it and playing with my 2000 point list (Assault Termis out and Astorath and more DC in :) )

i also have a 10 man squad. i have 5 static with 1 thunder hammer and 4 w/ccw and pistol the other 5 are magnatized so i can do any combination of load outs, also they all have magnatized back packs and jumppacks for options.

DC with Jump Packs are awful, never take them.

I'm curious as to why you say that? I'm in the process of building a DoA list that includes a unit of 10 with packs. The games I have played with them in the past have been great.

I think the reason for the comment is the points price. I only ever field DC with JPs with small squad (max. 5) with Lemarted. Other than that, a big squad in DP/Rhino/Razor(when not that big..) will do the trick. Oh, and bolters are also nice when riding a rhino. It has 2 fire points so make sure you take 2 with bolters :P

DC with Jump Packs are awful, never take them.

I'm curious as to why you say that? I'm in the process of building a DoA list that includes a unit of 10 with packs. The games I have played with them in the past have been great.

Price is the obvious thing- 35pts each is a ridiculous amount of points to pay for something with no power weapon, no invulnerable save, a very relevant disadvantage. For 40pts/body, you could be running Sanguinary Guard instead, who don't have Rage, come with a 2+ save (better against Missiles and they can still benefit from FNP if there's a dude nearby), and every one of them has a better-than-Power Weapon.

Rage (and mitigating it) is the other big issue. With the ability to fly over things, Rage becomes very hard to control, doubly so because you can't embark them on a transport to aim them at the target you want. While there is less chance of actually being led around the board, that's not the real danger- being distracted by a meaningless Rhino or other target when you want them charging important units is the downside of Rage. You're spending 350pts (or more) for that unit- you can't afford to have them attacking under-strength Tacticals and other weak targets, you need them to be hitting the enemy's most dangerous threats.

I think the reason for the comment is the points price. I only ever field DC with JPs with small squad (max. 5) with Lemarted. Other than that, a big squad in DP/Rhino/Razor(when not that big..) will do the trick. Oh, and bolters are also nice when riding a rhino. It has 2 fire points so make sure you take 2 with bolters ;)

You can't shoot the Bolters if you move 12" or 18" with the Rhino, so probably not a big deal. Bolters are way more useful to DC in land-bound transports, though.

I think the reason for the comment is the points price. I only ever field DC with JPs with small squad (max. 5) with Lemarted. Other than that, a big squad in DP/Rhino/Razor(when not that big..) will do the trick. Oh, and bolters are also nice when riding a rhino. It has 2 fire points so make sure you take 2 with bolters :HQ:

You can't shoot the Bolters if you move 12" or 18" with the Rhino, so probably not a big deal. Bolters are way more useful to DC in land-bound transports, though.

But if your moving around the Rhino, it's best to park it about 12" away from the enemy and keep the DC in since they can't charge on a turn that the Rhino moves anyway. In this kind of situation most often you are not moving over 12" and can shoot from the Rhino. This is the normal use case at least for me.

I think the reason for the comment is the points price. I only ever field DC with JPs with small squad (max. 5) with Lemarted. Other than that, a big squad in DP/Rhino/Razor(when not that big..) will do the trick. Oh, and bolters are also nice when riding a rhino. It has 2 fire points so make sure you take 2 with bolters :HQ:

But if your moving around the Rhino, it's best to park it about 12" away from the enemy and keep the DC in since they can't charge on a turn that the Rhino moves anyway. In this kind of situation most often you are not moving over 12" and can shoot from the Rhino. This is the normal use case at least for me.

If a rhino moves over 6 inches, no one inside can shoot out.

You can control Rage by shooting? I mean i could be wrong in the understading of the rules, but with Rage you must move to the nearest target, then in the shooting phase you shoot the target you want to charge then, in the assault phas you must charge the unit you shoot, or im wrong?

You can control Rage by shooting? I mean i could be wrong in the understading of the rules, but with Rage you must move to the nearest target, then in the shooting phase you shoot the target you want to charge then, in the assault phas you must charge the unit you shoot, or im wrong?

Rage has three effects:

1. You must move your full movement towards the nearest visible enemy.
  2. If you choose to run instead of shooting, you must move towards the nearest visible enemy.
  3. If you are consolidating after combat, you must consolidate towards the nearest visible enemy.

Shooting has no effect on Rage.

What i mean is in the shooting phase you can choose your target to shoot at, and in the assault phase you must charge at the squad you shoot at

i.e. a squad behind a rhino you move to nearest (the rhino) but you can choose to shoot at the squad behind if you got LOS then you can charge that squad in the assault phase ignoring the rhino? or rage affects to the charge movemente in the combat phase? Or I understood the rules wrong?

What i mean is in the shooting phase you can choose your target to shoot at, and in the assault phase you must charge at the squad you shoot at

i.e. a squad behind a rhino you move to nearest (the rhino) but you can choose to shoot at the squad behind if you got LOS then you can charge that squad in the assault phase ignoring the rhino? or rage affects to the charge movemente in the combat phase? Or I understood the rules wrong?

Rage has no affect on who you charge.

You have to move towards the closest. You have to run towards the closest if you run.

You can shoot anyone and charge anyone.

Archived