Tactical Terminator Sergeant

I believe that the points refers to chainfist is 2pts per model, I don't recall it denying your sergeant one.

Its 5 pts per model but It just says Any Terminator and I know sometimes that it changes because if one is named different.

if you read the rest of that sentence the terminator has to exchange a power fist for the chainfist no?

If the wording is the same as the Blood Angels codex then the sergeant would not be allowed a chainfist as the option is "Any Terminator" but the Sergeant is a "Terminator Sergeant", not a "Terminator".

If it meant to allow the sergeant, it would say "Any model"

if you read the rest of that sentence the terminator has to exchange a power fist for the chainfist no?

Doesn't he still get the powerfist just the 2d6 for armour pen? So it would just be adding a chainsaw to your powerfist essentially.

I think the point is that the Sergeant doesn't have a power fist to exchange in the first place.

Doesn't he still get the powerfist just the 2d6 for armour pen? So it would just be adding a chainsaw to your powerfist essentially.

I think the point is that the Sergeant doesn't have a power fist to exchange in the first place.

bingo. Just didnt want to look it up. ;)

If the wording is the same as the Blood Angels codex then the sergeant would not be allowed a chainfist as the option is "Any Terminator" but the Sergeant is a "Terminator Sergeant", not a "Terminator".

It depends on the codex

Black Templar, no it needs a power fist to exchange

Blood angels, yes see below

Dark angels, yes it is worded "any model may replace PF or Power sword..."

Space marine, no it needs a power fist to exchange

space wolves, theirs no sergeant so no problems

In concern to C:BA, this is from C:DA FAQ but it refers to the exact same wording twice(a upgrade that refers to "any veteran/scout" in a sq of veterans/scouts and a veteran/scout sergeant)

Q. In the Codex, any Scout may replace his bolter with a

sniper rifle, does this include the Scout Sergeant? (p83)

A. Yes.

Q. Can the Veteran Sergeant in a Company Veterans

Squad take any weapon and wargear upgrades? (p83)

A. Yes, he can take any of the weapons or upgrades

allowed to a Veteran.

Do bear in mind timmytool that C:BT don't have Terminator Sergeants. Instead, all of their Tactical Terminators come standard with power fists and storm bolters, none of this power sword Sergeant/bullet catcher business.

No. BA do not have anything like that. Their terminators have to replace their power fists just the same thanks.

In concern to C:BA, this is from C:DA FAQ but it refers to the exact same wording twice(a upgrade that refers to "any veteran/scout" in a sq of veterans/scouts and a veteran/scout sergeant)

A. Yes.

allowed to a Veteran.

The blood angel rules refer to 'any model' not 'any scout' in regards to sniper rifles etc in their scout entry. This FAQ has no bearing on the codex at all sir.

No. BA do not have anything like that. Their terminators have to replace their power fists just the same thanks.

A. Yes.

allowed to a Veteran.

The blood angel rules refer to 'any model' not 'any scout' in regards to sniper rifles etc in their scout entry. This FAQ has no bearing on the codex at all sir.

my bad I did not check that codex personally just went off of what I thought I read in this thread to its wording.... serves me right for not looking at it personally :rolleyes: .

the main reason I thought it could have a fist is:

and I then jumped the gun on that one, as I got interested read the others but not C:BA

Do bear in mind timmytool that C:BT don't have Terminator Sergeants. Instead, all of their Tactical Terminators come standard with power fists and storm bolters, none of this power sword Sergeant/bullet catcher business.

dame did I fudge up, did not realize they had a command termi sq, which I was looking at which does have a sergeant that cant get a chain fist.

dame did I fudge up, did not realize they had a command termi sq, which I was looking at which does have a sergeant that cant get a chain fist.

Don't worry about it mate, we all make mistakes. And bear in mind you've probably got it out of your system for a while now after that one post :lol:.

Archived