Objective Ideas

RebG

Hey Gent's

My Angels Sanguine head to their (and my) first ever tournament at the start of September.

I'd like my marines to fight over something 'proper' rather than my current stash of D12's and D20's (from ye olde days).

So, what to our brothers Sanguinian fight over? Suggestions I can make from bits/plastie-card and a little green stuff are welcome!

The dead terminator from Space Hulk

This guy is VERY cool as an objective. I have him too. I find myself reluctant to use him though, despite never having played the mission involving him in Space Hulk! I think I'm heading more in the random bits direction at the min!

The dead terminator from Space Hulk

This guy is VERY cool as an objective. I have him too. I find myself reluctant to use him though, despite never having played the mission involving him in Space Hulk! I think I'm heading more in the random bits direction at the min!

Why can't you use him for both? Do objectives have to be on specific bases as well? Even if this is the case, just put an x mm "coaster" under the model.

My sanguinary guard models that I never use. Nothing else I have is gold and they stand out like a sore thumb. The only issue is they're just normal SG models and when I see the individual model i have the sub conscious urge to pick that model up and either a) throw him in my model-graveyard for the game, or B ) throw him in my carrying case. Suddenly we're down an objective and no one knows why. Shockingly no matter how often I use the SG models as objectives this continually happens. I should probably think about making real objectives. Flamestorms in the ground sound like a good idea.

Hey Gent's

My Angels Sanguine head to their (and my) first ever tournament at the start of September.

I'd like my marines to fight over something 'proper' rather than my current stash of D12's and D20's (from ye olde days).

So, what to our brothers Sanguinian fight over? Suggestions I can make from bits/plastie-card and a little green stuff are welcome!

I suspect I'm going to the same place as you. My objectives are the dead terminator from Space Hulk and a very old space marine jetbike which is crashed on the ground and half buried (lost tech), although I also like the idea of a large grail (which I cannot now say except in a broad scottish accent, thank you so much Tim the Enchanter!)

I've got a couple of spare backpacks from the AoBR Captain model, they look pretty good when you cut them down and have just the top of the exhaust ports and the banner sticking out of the ground. Sadly not painted yet, but I'll get round to it. 2024 I'm guessing. :)

If you can afford it, a Stormraven.

Think 'Blackhawk Down'.

Actually I played a 2500 point game today of BAs VS Nids, with the black hawk down theme. I Had to secure the site (It was my friends old rhino which we happened to find in the basement digging through random boxes), which involved me racing my tanks over and surrounding the site. It was a fierce game with so many of those damn nid warriors and trygons popping up all over the place. one piece of advice: nid warriors with boneswords dont care about ur 10 DC with Reclusiarch. The DC got slaughtered in two rounds of combat...

All in all one of the most satisfying games I've ever played in my life, very close game, and only because we had a cool theme.

Otherwise I havnt done it for my blood angels yet but I did it for my salamanders was use those sergeant banner poles stuck on an angle in the ground. Very cool. very obvious. Since Ill have more company standard then I know what to do with, I'll probably use one of those.

My objectives are:

1) a pile of wood with a cross poking out

2) a pile of cans of sacred promethium

3) an eldar warlock (guardian conversion) who has been hog-tied

4) a sacred flamer

5) a book of burnin' rites

Haha, burn the witch!

Good ideas one and all gent's!

@Sasha/Kagesh - grails are a good call, again I'm reluctant to use the Space Hulk one but what you suggested is possible - especially the lego! Maybe a future couple of those.

@d503 - I LOVE that you have a hog-tied Eldar! ha

@Seven Exxes - this'd make an awesome themed game as I Am Legion mentioned, though unfortunately no, I don't have a spare lying around!

@Leonaides/R-A-T-R - I'm liking this suggestion of scrolls/work to cure the Thirst noted down by a dedicated Priest which leads nicely on to...

@Meltaface/Morollan - the dead Terminator idea I really dig, so I made one last night! Did the books scrolls too to represent his research mentioned previously, will see if I can figure out posting pictures and shoe y'all.

I also just built some sniper Scouts to be sat on my home objective and used their spare parts to make said home objective - crate, sniper rifle, camo cloak roll and magnoculars.

Two to go, more ideas welcome!

I made some as well. All on termi bases.

1. Missile pods from old RTT Whirlwind

2. SM helmet pile looks like an altar

3. Power fence parts from the battle of mccrag set.

4. Rhino radar panel with cables and gas tanks piled up

5. Large teleport homer with assorted bits.

Archived