FNP and AP3 weapons

bushman101

Admittedly, this stems from the wonky writing of Feel No Pain. Short answer: yes he does.

Long answer: The FNP rule says that FNP is denied by "AP1 and AP2 weapons, power weapons and any other wounds which no armor save can ever be taken."

Can an armor save ever be taken against an AP3 shot? Certainly. 2+ saves are still viable. The rule does not say "and any other wounds which the target's armor could never be taken against" (which sounds silly anyway, doesn't it)? It says ever. So, you're good. :P

A space marine in power armor is hit with a AP3 weapon thus negates his armor save.

Will he still get Feel No Pain?

thanks in advance

As long as the AP3 weapon does not negate FNP through other ways (such as being Double Strength).

Example.

Marine hit by Krak Missile no FNP due to high strength.

Marine hit by Thousand Son Inferno bolts, FNP allowed.

Admittedly, this stems from the wonky writing of Feel No Pain. Short answer: yes he does.

Long answer: The FNP rule says that FNP is denied by "AP1 and AP2 weapons, power weapons and any other wounds which no armor save can ever be taken."

Can an armor save ever be taken against an AP3 shot? Certainly. 2+ saves are still viable. The rule does not say "and any other wounds which the target's armor could never be taken against" (which sounds silly anyway, doesn't it)? It says ever. So, you're good. ;)

what about an army that doesnt have a 2+ save in it AT ALL....

just for putting that out there, lets say DE with no shadow field...

SM with no artificer or term armor.....

Tyranids with no armored carapace.....

in that case there would BE no armor save.

It doesn't matter. There is something in the entire game that can take an armor save, so you can FNP against AP3.

Emphasis mine. <3

The rule says ever. Not "ever in this army" or "ever for this model". It says ever.

By that argument, plague bearers would never get their FNP roll,

The rules specifies that FNP cannot be taken from AP1-2 weapons, then goes on to mention other armour removing close combat methods, I.e, powerfists, but rather than list them all, it has that horrible wording.

One of my fav arguments.. So this is how it was broken down for easy to use rules..

firstly if your being shot by AP1/AP2 or weapons of double strength then No Fnp....

the rest is to do with close combat..

just to explain A Guardsman with 5+ save still gets fnp from ap3,4,5...and so on...

The basic gist of the rule is that, if it's possible for a model, any model, to take an armour save against an attack then you get FNP, unless it would cause Instant Death.

Of course, someone will now tell me that there's a model somewhere in a Codex that is always allowed to take armour saves against any attack...

The basic gist of the rule is that, if it's possible for a model, any model, to take an armour save against an attack then you get FNP, unless it would cause Instant Death.

Of course, someone will now tell me that there's a model somewhere in a Codex that is always allowed to take armour saves against any attack...

Which might be why they also specify AP1/AP2? :HQ:

Always something, no? :P But we're good here. This is, as we've presented it, the accepted form of FNP. It works vs AP3 just fine (so FNP versus Flamestorms and all that IG shelling crap, etc.).

Archived