-The Book of Salvation-

Hyaenidae

-The Book of Salvation-

A Comprehensive List of Every Confirmed Fallen

Luther- Captured. Power Armour and the Sword of Luther (a gift from the Lion), was more akin to a thunder warrior than an actual astartes(C:DA)

Cypher- Location unknown. Robes, Mastercrafted Plasma Pistol and Bolt Pistol, carries what is rumoured to be the Lion Sword. (C:DA)

Elucidax the Keeper- Captured. Formerly Captain Zeriah of the 14th Assault Company. Equipment unknown, was powerful enough to kill a dozen Angels before capture (C:DA)

Kaligar- Killed by Master Sammael during the Fourth Quadrant rebellion. Equipment unknown (C:DA)

Baalakai- Captured by The Angels of Redemption, former company master. Equipment unknown (C:DA)

Borroleth the Corruptor- Killed. Slave to Nurgle, wore rusted, diseased power armour with a cape of Astartes skin, used a rusted out bolter.(Tales from the Dark Millenium, Short story The falls of Makakross)

Astelan- Captured. Former Chapter Master. Equipment unknown. First to fire upon the Lion. (Angels of Darkness by Gav Thorpe)

Cadmus- Killed by Jeremiah Gieyus of the Deathwing. Masqueraded as commander of the Hyades PDF. Known to have used plasma pistol. (Sons of Fenris).

Cephesus the Prophet- Killed. Power armour, stolen Rosarius, robes & 12 Blades of Reason taken from Interragator-Chaplains he had slain, used them in combat. (short story Unforgiven)

Angel of Blades- Killed. True name unknown. Half dreadnought, half abomination with scythe-spider legs, lightning wreathed claws, wings made of blades and shoulder mounted heavy bolter. (short story Unforgiven)

Methalas- Location unknown. Equipment unknown. Traveling companion of Astelan. (Angels of Darkness)

Anovel- Location unknown. Equipment unknown. Traveling companion of Astelan. (Angels of Darkness)

Abdaziel Magron- Captured. Former Sergeant. Enslaved to Khorne. Wore Mk. IV plate, used a bolter and chainsword. (Eye of Terra)

Zhebdek Abaddas- Killed. Former Captain. Slave to the Eightfold Path. Wore heavily corrupted Mk. III warplate, used a bolter, chainsword, and a weapon resembling a Kai gun. (Eye of Terra)

Galotha- Captured. Equipment unknown. Believed that the Lion Sword was a path to redemption. (2nd Ed. Chaos Codex)

Haeroth the Damned - Presumably killed by the captain Leonatos of Blood Angels. Used a chainaxe and wore Mk. VI armour (Bloodquest)

Ecanus - Killed by Interrogator Chaplain Ramiel. Equipment unknown. Found in the fighting pits of Commoragh. (Reparation e-short)

Attias the Untamed - Captured by Sergeant Balthasar of the Deathwing. A warrior of immense stature and strength, augmentic eyes and a flesh-spare face. Wore Power Armour, weapons unconfirmed.(The Ascension of Balthazar audio drama)

Zahariel - Captured. Equipment unknown. (C: DA)

Your turn... happy.gif

Awesome thread I would also like a database of the Fallen.

Cadmus- Killed by Jeremiah Gieyus of the deathwing assisted by Ragnar Blackmane (he knows and must die). Masqueraded as commander of the Hyades PDF. Equipment not known. Source Sons of Fenris (novel).

I'll be looking for more.

Excellent thread!

Now let's see...

From the short story "Unforgiven":

- Cephesus also known as the "Prophet" by his followers. Power armour & (wait for it...) 12 Blades of Reason taken from 12 DA Chaplains he had slain! (at the time Blades of Reason was not a unique item apparently).

- The Dreadnought "Angel of Blades". I'm not aware of a mention of another Fallen Dreadnought. Too difficult to discribe its loadout - suffice to say there were blades involved.

Both died in the hands of DAs

From Vraks Vol 1:

- Akros the Faithless. He wields the "Dark Blade" ( really cool sword) and a Combi-Melta. Power armoured. (Actually he is not revealed to be a Fallen until Vraks Vol. 3). Captured.

This for the time being. I'll revert with more ;)

Arkos is a "...true son of Alpharius, and his Primarch's geneseed is still strong in his blood." He is not a scion of the 1st Legion, but of the 20th Legion. There is a difference between being a fallen loyalist marine, as all Chaos Marines are, and The Fallen. The Fallen are fallen Dark Angels, which Arkos is very definitely not.

Hate to double post, but wow...I actually found (buried, and covered in dust) my old copy of Eye of Terror by Barrington J. Bayley. 25 teams of search scribes, 15 servitors, and over a hundred servo skulls were lost forever in the depths of the ancient libraries underneath the ruined hive cities of Nord Merica on Holy Terra searching for this dusty old tome, but their sacrifice was not in vain...

Abdaziel Magron- Captured. Former Sergeant. Enslaved to Khorne. Wore Mk. IV plate, used a bolter and chainsword. (Eye of Terra)

Zhebdek Abaddas- Killed. Former Captain. Slave to the Eightfold Path. Wore heavily corrupted Mk. III warplate, used a bolter, chainsword, and a weapon resembling a Kai gun. (Eye of Terra)

OK - checked the Vraks books and it appears I was reading too much into it. It just made sense to me that Akros should be a Fallen given that two Unforgiven Chapters were involved to capture him led by Azrael no less. Also the fact that they did capture him instead of say killing him shows a definite connection to the Fallen. Dark Angels disclosed nothing about his capture (or the 15 other Alpha Legionnaires). So to involve the SGM, Int. Chaplains (Belphegor returning), Company Masters and two Chapters of the Unforgiven in a mission to capture a Marine and his warband smelled Fallen to me...

But you are right - there is no direct mention of that, but there is a direct mention that he is "true" Alpha Legionnaire. Maybe the Unforgiven think he'll have clues as to where other Fallen are...

(I really want him to be a Fallen though and the description in Vraks Vol.1 to be his cover story... oh well ^_^ )

:D It's cool man, and I agree, it would've been awesome. Ah well.

So, I hate to say it, but I believe we're already running out of steam for this project. Which sucks, because I was hoping for a lot more names. Some places I haven't checked yet are the old DA codex and the Purging of Kadillus. Anybody that has these, it would be much appreciated if you could go through them with a fine toothed comb please.

Yes, correct. Plenty of Orks though, and a couple of important ones too :).

In the Black Templars Codex it mentions (p.20) that after storming the "Voice of the Emperor" stronghold the BT captured the enemy leader. One can only assume that this was the Voice of the Emperor? I don't know. Suffice to say the DAs got him in the end. In any case I propose based on the above we add the Voice of the Emperor, black power armour, no livery, captured

Yes, correct. Plenty of Orks though, and a couple of important ones too :).

In the Black Templars Codex it mentions (p.20) that after storming the "Voice of the Emperor" stronghold the BT captured the enemy leader. One can only assume that this was the Voice of the Emperor? I don't know. Suffice to say the DAs got him in the end. In any case I propose based on the above we add the Voice of the Emperor, black power armour, no livery, captured

That, my good friend, would be Fallen 001, otherwise known as Cypher. They got him, but he 'ninja vanish!'-ed...again. Seriously, the Dark Angels have had him in their custody twice now. Can we not just shoot him in the head and be done with him at this point? :)

I know... But we do not know for sure... I mean we do not know that Voice of the Emperor is 1) one guy and 2) Cypher. He have hints in the 13th Crusade that this guy was Cypher and the title sounds too grandiose for an "ordinary" Fallen and we know that he escaped but we do not have actual proof of the identity. Still we do not know that the guy passing himself as "Voice of the Emperor" in the BT codex actually escaped (and therefore that he was Cypher). So that's why I was quoting BT Codex and not the 13th Crusade background book. Voice of the Emperor could be a number of Fallen, maybe under some plot by Cypher. Some we get, some we don't. Obviously it's your call, I'm just brainstorming here ;) . I am as surprised as you about the lack of contributions... I thought it would be a very popular topic.

BTW surely Zachariel the Librarian from the HH books (in Fallen Angels he, well... falls) should be included. He carries a staff of sorts - I need to re-read it to remember. Not a thankful task as I dislike both "Descent" and "Fallen".

And in the short story "The Black Pearl" it is mentioned that Int. Chaplain Uzziel found the "Sword of Luther" with an inscription of the Lion an'all. And it was of course tainted but he brought it back to the Rock. So I'd add that to Luther's equipment.

Also the fact that they did capture him instead of say killing him shows a definite connection to the Fallen.

No it doesn't. The Dark Angels apparently seek to capture any Chaos Marines so as to "put them to the question", that question being something along the lines of, "Have you heard even a whisper of any marine bearing even the most remote resemblance to a rogue Dark Angel?" This is the reason given in the Vol. 1 Vraks book as to why the Dark Angels are even there, and in force. Doesn't mean that Arkos even knows anything about the Fallen, so he could just be the most recent in a long line of dead ends. Of course any information on other Chaos forces Arkos might know will probably have The Unforgiven scurrying off to net themselves even more Chaos Marine captives in the hopes that just one of them has heard something that could lead to capturing more of the Fallen. Hunting the Fallen is simply going to be a wild goose chase most of the time.

Also the fact that they did capture him instead of say killing him shows a definite connection to the Fallen.

No it doesn't. The Dark Angels apparently seek to capture any Chaos Marines so as to "put them to the question", that question being something along the lines of, "Have you heard even a whisper of any marine bearing even the most remote resemblance to a rogue Dark Angel?"

That's what I meant. It was a mission related to the Fallen (getting info if not the Fallen temselves). The involvement of the Unforgiven in Vraks is definetely related to the hunt.

This is the reason given in the Vol. 1 Vraks book as to why the Dark Angels are even there, and in force. Doesn't mean that Arkos even knows anything about the Fallen, so he could just be the most recent in a long line of dead ends. Of course any information on other Chaos forces Arkos might know will probably have The Unforgiven scurrying off to net themselves even more Chaos Marine captives in the hopes that just one of them has heard something that could lead to capturing more of the Fallen. Hunting the Fallen is simply going to be a wild goose chase most of the time.

Obviously the hunt will be futile most of the time. But then again I doubt that the SGM would be personally involved in a hunt for a single Chaos Marine of no significance or reason to suspect him. Surely the DAs had special reasons to want Akros even if he was not a Fallen himself. The Unforgiven are not in the business to get all Chaos Marines out of circulation. If they do it is "collateral" good. It's just too big a mobilization over a long time period for a Chaos Marine you've got no reason to beleive he is related to the Fallen what so ever. I think the Unforgiven targeted Akros. My initial reading was that this was because he was a Fallen but after a second reading I came to the conclusion that there is no evidence of this (as you pointed out). So I can only assume that the DAs have reasons to beleive he has some connection to the Fallen. Could it be info? or one of his guys was a Fallen? I don't know. But trying to argue that the DAs involved themselves in Vraks just to get the odd Chaos Marine who didn't know if he was particularly useful or not (and comit the SGM in the process), well I'm just not buying that - sorry.

So do you know any Fallen name to add?

• 2 weeks later...

Brother Galotha, captured nothing else known. (source second edition chaos codex)

There is a transcript of his interrogation where at the end states "when the [lion] sword is reforged we fallen will be saved and our long purgatory will be at an end".

Which leads me to suspect that the followers of Cypher are actually repentant of their actions during the fall. There is much more to the transcript but I don't think I could copy more due to copyright and so forth. If you can find it (not that hard to) its worth the read, found under the Cypher section.

• 2 weeks later...

@Abhorash- Awesome find, man. I'd completley forgotten about that, thanks! Edited him in.

@Captain Semper: I still firmly believe that 'The Voice' is Cypher, and since the DA's believe so as well, I'm gonna run with that for now. Should any future info pop up later, I'll alter as necessary. I will throw in his sword though. :lol:

P.S. Sorry for being absent for so long, just finished one hell of a road trip from North Carolina to Alaska. Whew!

Sorry for lack of detail in this post. Not sure if this has been referenced, as it's been a while since reading it, but seem to remember a short story involving a search for the Fallen that ended in vain and resulted in the loss of gene-seed and death of the chaplain, cursing the Fallen for leading him on a wild goose chase.

Sorry for lack of detail in this post. Not sure if this has been referenced, as it's been a while since reading it, but seem to remember a short story involving a search for the Fallen that ended in vain and resulted in the loss of gene-seed and death of the chaplain, cursing the Fallen for leading him on a wild goose chase.

I remember this short story as well. It was in Into Maelstrom book. Anyway:

Haeroth the Damned - presumably killed by the captain Leonatos of Blood Angels, chainaxe and Mk. VI armour (Bloodquest)

IIRC that was Angels of Darkness by Gav Thorpe. I'l have to double check though.

@BA Scout: Sadly, I don't have my BL library right now to double check, still in the process of moving and all my books are in a box deep in a storage container right now, lol. It does sound a lot like Angels of Darkness though. Hmmm......

@NightrawenII: Awesome find, never read the Bloodquest series. Thanks! Edited him in.

Archived