Ultramarines Dreadnought repaint project

Hi,

I purchased this model and the rest of my army from a friend several years ago (4 or 5?) but I haven't had the time to repaint it until recently. It is an old 3rd edition dread cast in pewter and was modeled on two 25mm bases. Before priming the model, I removed the two bases and replaced them with a large dreadnought base. The right leg broke off some time ago and I have been struggling with it since to keep it intact.

When I purchased this model, it was caked in a thick layer of Ultramarines Blue spray paint. Two days in the Simple Green soak removed the old paint, and I began painting the model to my satisfaction. Currently, the model has been basecoated with Mordian Blue cut 1:1 with water.

gallery_43236_3246_17398.jpggallery_43236_3246_208451.jpggallery_43236_3246_464201.jpg

Enjoy!

I've been doing some Simple Green reclamations myself recently, so I know how satisfying it can be. As a matter of fact I have a Rogue Trader Chaos Dreadnought in the works currently. As far as the leg falling off goes, could you pin it, or are you too far into the painting process to mess about with it?

Archived