Darn how did I get this many Grey Knights? . . .

Yes outstanding army,Close ups of Mordrak and his ghost knights wold be nice.

The ghostly green really makes them stand out.

Any instructions on how you did it would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Jerry :P

The ghost knights were actually pretty simple to do. I bought 4 boxes of the Grey Knight terminators and after making up the normal squads I took the most dynamic minis to use as the "ghost squad". As they were going to have quite monochrome colours I thought that they should be the most active looking ones in the army.

The paint scheme was quite quick to apply:

1. I spray undercoated the ghosts Skull white, making sure that they got a good coverage.

2. Heavy, veeeeerrry heavy Thraka Green wash, paying attention to the areas where weird shadow and pooling appears.

3. Having left this to dry for a good hour I then gave them a pretty heavy drybrush of 70/30 Skull White and Rotting Flesh.

4. Finally a nice good layer of gloss varnish was applied by hand (I truly dont believe in spray varnishs being any good whatsoever but thats just personal experience!)

Hope this helps!

Corpus

Yes it does thanks I've been looking for tutorial on how too paint mine,Yours seems/looks relatively easy to do,although looks can be deceiving.

Maybe later some close up pictures?

No problems Jerry!

I'm picking the army up tomorrow and will get some pics up of the different units etc. :D

Corpus

They look pretty nice, but how is that 4,500 points?!!??!

I can see it. Grey Knights get very expensive, very fast. The Stormravens alone are 600ish points, depending on armament.

Yeah, basically all the terminators are Paladins, the Dreads are Venerable and the Storm Ravens have plasma, typhoon launchers . . . plus all the characters are there too!

Corpus

• 2 weeks later...
How did you get them? You bought them ;) I have that problem explaining things to the missus. "Hey, how did all those blister packs get in my shopping basket? It must have been magic honey, err, maybe you put them in there?" Lets see some close ups.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived