first chaos conversion

Jsmarriner

Hey everyone. I am starting up a Tzeenech Army and my first piece is actually a Rhino. I wanted to do a moderate conversion/kit bash. Its 70% painted mybe more.

Im not a great painter or sculpter but I thought I would share. Any thoughts?

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295023_272595322757296_100000204906834_1277453_6490522_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/185327_272594859424009_100000204906834_1277452_6313005_n.jpg

First suggestion: Take a new pic with the model NOT on the thick carpet. The model is actually sunk into the carpet a bit and makes it look... not right? or something.

Beyond that, it's a nice first attempt. Are you going for a Tzeentch army or a Thousand Sons army?

The picturre was rather spur of the moment so i just put it down on the carpet in some sunlight from the window.

Max- Thanks for the advice about angles, I will deffinately do that. I dont know what i have around the house I can use for a better background though, I will have to look around.

The Bits are a pair of dragon wings from some GW kit but i dont know what one. My local store had them in a bag marged GW Dragon wings. The head is from a Dungeons and Dragons Miniatures game. I really was looking for a GW monster head but couldnt find one without spending close to 80 bucks for a complete kit. So i spent 10 bucks for the head. Its a Beholder if anyone has ever played old school D&D. I secured the head to the front plate with a metal screw threw the front plate of the rhino before assembly.

Of course the wings and head dont fit well so I had to use Green Stuff to make it look right. I added some additional tenticals as well.

I have never played Chaos let alone Tzeentch So I am not sure if I want to play a TS army or just a Tzeentch army of my own creation. I am leaning towards one of my own with some TS units attached. Advice from experienced Tzeentch players would be deffinately appreciated.

Archived