Vulkan Hestan Counts as

Jacobite

This is a WIP of little side project. An auxiliary force of Space Marines (and their auxiliary's as well) with a bit of a different character to them to my main force: which can be found here. With the exception of the weapons the leader has all of them will be made from spare parts I have lieing around and when you see how they look you might be as mortified as I was when I had a good look through my bits box and saw what was in there.

Anyway they are going to be slightly dragon themed so what better character to lead them than a Vulkan Hestan counts as. Pretty much all the modelling has been done and he's ready for paint (do need to add another shoulder pad obviously and some grenades and pouches)

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/6314366/640/Rock-Wryms/Vulkan-front.jpg

The chapter are very sparse and forgo most of the awards and other shiny stuff most other chapters do. They also have strong ties to some of the more forward thinking sects of Mars, hence the shoulder mounted heavy flamer from a incinerator, a flamer tank and old space marine servo arm and its not that bent in person, must just be some weird trick of the photo.

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/6314364/640/Rock-Wryms/Vulkan-back.jpg

Cloak made from greenstuff over plasti-card.

So he's pretty basic but that's the point, ticks all the boxes I think.

Enjoy C&C appreciated

He's looking pretty good so far. The green stuff cloak is very interesting and I have always been very fond of that torso with the chain loin cloth. Might I suggest changing the helmet though? Possibly a MK IV or tech marine looking one. The MK VII is just a little plain looking for a special character. Just a thought though.

Cheers for the replys guys.

@Mikhail: I hear what you are saying about the helmet, luckily its not glue on so I can change it very easily - I like to do both a helmeted and a non helmeted version for special characters. I did originally have the helmet from the SM Command Squad - the one the Apothecary has on the box (with the targeter) and the like but it just seemed too much, I do want to have some sort of targeter and have it head slaved, this seemed like the best option. I'll have a look through my bits box, I think I may have a crusader head from the Ravenwing Sprue that could work... Cheers for the advice.

As for colour scheme they are going to be a dark grey with green and blue chapter/company markings, possibly a helmet stripe, white chapter symbol. What colour do you think I should do the cloak? Dark Red or Green?

Cheers

JRWS

I'd say red on the cloak. It would still look like some sort of dragon skin and still be different from the usual green that Salamander marines wear. Have you considered mounting a servo skull to the shoulder mounted cannon of awesome flaming death? I think it would add to the Custom/Master Crafted look.

I'd say red on the cloak. It would still look like some sort of dragon skin and still be different from the usual green that Salamander marines wear. Have you considered mounting a servo skull to the shoulder mounted cannon of awesome flaming death? I think it would add to the Custom/Master Crafted look.

I agree with Mikhail on the cloak. Maybe scab red on the cloak? Servo skull would work well I think.

Archived