What way would you like the legion to go?

Arioch

The Horus Heresy is progresing steadily and the history of the Dark Angels is being fleshed out. But so far we have not yet learned the whole truth, much is still hidden and shrouded in darkness. When the HH series started, many questioned the Lions loyalty but now he has showed himself as a loyal son of the Emperor. But what are his plans for the marines on Caliban? What are (Lord) Cyphers role in this? What role remains for Zahariel and the watchers in the dark? So many questions and the list goes on, so many possible outcomes.

As I see it there are several ways they could direct the story. I would like the Lion to have sent back Luther and the others, to guard the planet against the terrors below, the demon trapped inside the planet (as he observed how well they fougth that other demon-thing). He would count on the librarians powers and the loyalty of Luther to be enough to halt it. I presume the primarch would be aware of the tainted nature of Caliban from the books he got from the knights of Lupus. But Luther believed he had failed his brother, and thought his post as ruler of Caliban a punishment for his shamefull act. And his envy and even his loyalty turned against him, as he found himself forced to protect Caliban from imperial influence. Corrupted and possesed by chaos, he will try to kill the Jonson upon his return- and almost succed- in slaying the last calibanite Lion.

But that is only some of my wishfull thinking. What do you think will happend? Maybe the Lion will showe himself as selfish and arrogant? What will Cyphers role be? Zahariel? It would be interesting to hear of your opinions, how do you think the Dark Angels should be portrayed? Fallen heroes or selfish and arrogant? Both? Will the fall be a justified or based on misconceptions?

I'd like to see the lion's reaction to what became of caliban after his departure since no other space marine legions homeworld has being changed to the extent caliban has in the books so far. In the IA it says that the lions rage was a big part in buring caliabn i'd really like to see his calm cool demaeaner break for a seconed and a smal moment of pure rage.

A soild number of fallen marines 1100 thosand sons at the end of there trial the fallen should only number a few higher IMO.

The change from black to green has to be explained in great detail.

That would be a good explanation for a loyal Lion. I think I'd prefer to keep a little darkness in the hearts of Legion, though. It's what gives us character. :)

I've always like Luther, even before his character was portrayed in the HH novels. I do hope, however, that it is Gav Thorpe or better who will wrtie the final installation of the fall of Caliban. That is, of course, assuming that their will only be three books.

Loyalist Cypher. Or somebody takes on the mantle of Cypher, after he is killed, and sets off on a personal quest of vengeance against either a ) Chaos for corrupting Caliban and having it destroyed or b ) Against the Imperium, to pay for the destruction of Caliban/ remake it into the weapon it needs to be (A very long a complex plan)

More enuncia!

A more GrimDark Legion. As they land in system, the Legion lands into the system, they can't face destroying their brethren, and so some loyalists turn at the very last minute.

The Lion having a mental breakdown '300 style' :)

Non-chaos Fallen.

None of this will happen, buti think it would make for a interesting story, no?

Loyalist Cypher.

Something like this would be cool. Have Cypher - more specifically, the office/title of Lord Cypher, not necessarily a single individual - as a secret member and instrument of the Inner Circle. Circles within circles and all of that.

Archived