Crossing the line

Razblood

Hello all,

Here I am starting another WIP, when I am far from finished with the others :lol:

Anyway, after painting the excellent Gabe Seth model I decided that I wanted to form an army around him. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to buy a whole new army, but I did have a nice sized Chaos army knocking about which I wasn't doing anything with and after much consideration I decided to re-purpose them to be my take on the Flesh Tearers.

However these Flesh Tearers are styled around the idea of the Chapter being forced to go renegade and starting down the bloody path to the Brass Throne of Khorne :down:

Seth and Honour Guard

You can find Seth in the Hall of Honour: Gabe Seth

Here are his Honour Guard:

Sanguinary Novitiate

gallery_39897_6403_1126515.jpg

Blood Champion

gallery_39897_6403_589498.jpg

Close up of Pauldron detail

gallery_39897_6403_848635.jpg

Company Standard

gallery_39897_6403_271933.jpg

Honour Guard 1

gallery_39897_6403_1387424.jpg

Honour Guard 2

gallery_39897_6403_527322.jpg

Their very WIP Wheels (Reclaimed Rhino converted into Razorback using Predator Sponsons)

gallery_39897_6403_1591315.jpg

Close up of Turret

gallery_39897_6403_263373.jpg

Very Wip Chaplain

gallery_39897_6403_758717.jpg

The reasoning behind them is that they are still fighting for the Emperor and Sanguinus, but they dont realise how far they are falling :)

I am only aiming for table top quality here as I am trying to get them ready for a game in a couple of weeks, but the army as it currently stands is:

Gabe Seth and Honour Guard with Razorback

Reclusiarch

5 man Terminator Squad

10 man Tactical Squad with Rhino

10 man Assault Squad with Rhino

30 man Death Company (made from zerkers, with a few BA bits here and there)

Dread (Black Reach model)

Predator Destructor (which I should hopefully be receiving before the weekend)

I'll try and get some more pics up before the weekend but until then comments and criticism please :)

Y'know, I used this as a very under-played theme for a Khorne Berzerker army waaaay back in the days of the 3.5 chaos codex. That having been said, its very tempting to try again, considering how blah the Chaos 'dex is. Or maybe a Slaaneshi army based around perfection?

Either way, looks like a good start.

They look good and the background is pretty good too. I have a recommendation on the paint scheme. I would suggest painting some type of patina or tarnished looking finish on the masks. Flesh Tearers aren't known for their pristine war gear as it is. I would expect that those slowly succumbing to the Blood God's path would be even less concerned with polishing armor. I know that you are just going for table top standard but I think it would reinforce the story side.

Weathering and such will be something I go back through the army to do once it's finished, otherwise I would focus on one squad to the point where I'd get sick of looking at them and scrap the whole project ;)

Many thanks for the comments, heres hoping I get a few more ;)

Currently working on the Termie rescaling at the mo. Hoping to get all the modelling in the army finished by the end of this week and then get the lot painted next week before the 27th, which is the day of the game I'm prepping them for :)

Think I may have gone insane, thinking I can knock up 1750 points inside 3 weeks :lol:

Termies are coming along nicely, should be able to finish the GS work tonight. They're far from perfect, but they'll do :lol:

And my Predator is awaiting pick up from my local post office :D , although I have to wait till tomorrow because of the daft opening hours :woot:

As far as my paint scheme goes I think I have a plan whereby I will be able to do 56 marines and four tanks within a week without an airbrush, or at least I hope :blink:

I'll have some pics of stuff pre paint up in the next couple of days, till then let the comments and criticisms flow ;)

Ok, Termies are done and I will have pics up tonight.

Planning to focus on the Reclusiarch next, although I don't know how much repair work I may have to do on the Predator so it may be a busy evening :mellow:

Also as a point of interest I got my army size wrong. After writing up a list I found that it comes to exactly 2000 points without the Predator ^_^ which I suppose shouldn't be that much of a surprise given it contains a 600+ point Death Company <_<

Lots of views, which is cool but very few comments? Well heres hoping I can elicit a response or two when I get some more pics up :P

Great idea you got going here, now I wonder what those Death masks would look like with Khorn bunny ears.

Probably a bit like Prince Charles :lol: :P

Ok, update time.

Here are the pics of my re-sized old Termies. They are a bit rough, but they'll do for now :lol:

Terminator Sergeant

gallery_39897_6403_715629.jpg

Terminator 1

gallery_39897_6403_413769.jpg

Terminator 2

gallery_39897_6403_79047.jpg

Terminator 3

gallery_39897_6403_529092.jpg

Heavy Flamer Terminator

gallery_39897_6403_636834.jpg

Converted Heavy Flamer

gallery_39897_6403_233303.jpg

I'm hoping they'll look a bit better once some paint is on them, but I'm satisfied with them for now.

Only modelling left to do is some gap filling on the tanks and the Reclusiarch, who I'm working on tonight. I'm hoping to get these bits finished by Sunday and then get everything Gesso'd so that I can start painting them on Monday :)

I will post some pics of the tanks and Reclusiarch before I start laying down paint, hopefully Sunday afternoon.

Comments and Criticism if you are inclined, I could always do with some more motivation ;)

Edit: You may notice that the inside of the left shoulder on the Sarge is unfinished, I have Gs'd some ribbing in there but I took the pics beforehand :lol:

If those are the old swivel-torso termies like I think they are, you've got a challenge ahead of you to make them look good. I couldn't get mine to look like much of anything, and I used to know a couple of guys who actually refused to use them and used metal terminators exclusively. Good luck.

Yep they are the old swivel types :wacko:

Although I have re-posed them a bit and they don't look too bad in the flesh, well plastic :D

When they're painted I'll be posting some pics so you can take a look and tell me what you think :P

Just been informed tonight that the game I'm prepping for is in fact four way!?! Guard, Eldar, DA & My Flesh Tearers. And I'm being threatened with annihilation by the DA player :D Who is so scared by my list that he is now taking a Warhound.

With the fact that my army is geared for CC I'm hoping that the other two players will deal with that for me :)

Anyway, any further comments and criticism welcome B)

Ok final update before I start slathering paint on.

Got the Reclusiarch finished and I think he's looking pretty cool :)

gallery_39897_6403_1532953.jpg

Also done some modelling on the Black Reach Dread and I'm quite happy about how it turned out.

gallery_39897_6403_70936.jpg

Side shot of Plasma Cannon conversion

gallery_39897_6403_393340.jpg

and finally a shot of the army (minus the Predator, which I need to now pick up tomorrow :cuss )

gallery_39897_6403_1079475.jpg

I have started undercoating with Gesso tonight and it'll probably take me a day or two to get everything done, which should leave me 3-4 days to get everything painted up before the game next Saturday ^_^

I'll try and post some pics of a rep from each unit as I do them, turns out the camera I'm using does not like to take pics of whole squads :lol:

Comments and criticisms if you have them ;)

Not too shabby on the dread. I kinda wish GW had made the center part of the sarcophagus a hair wider so it could be the exact width of a "funny face" plate off the old Vehicle Spiky Bitz sprue, but a little conversion is all it really takes. That's also a pretty good plasma cannon conversion on the dread; its such a shame that a popular weapon like that has to come from Forge World.

@ sword brethren & darth_giles: Thanks :), plasma cannon was pretty easy, just chopped up a spare Storm Raven one I got from a friend. And as far as the GS work goes I'm just learning as I go, but thanks for the compliment :)

Finally picked up the Predator today and it's a bit of a mess :( body work is ok, but I'm gonna have to strip and rebuild the turret and switch out the sponsons as at the mo one side has a Heavy Bolter and the other has a Lascannon :P

Which is going to mean I'm seriously going to struggle to get everything painted by Saturday ;)

Ah well, here goes nothing...

I'll keep those interested updated as much as I can.

Ok, finished the repair work on the Predator (at least what I can) Just waiting for the turret to dry off.

Don't know what the guy I bought this from used, but my usual stripping material barely touched it! Cleared the most clogged areas though so I should be able to get a smooth coat on it now at least.

I will post some pics up on Thursday of my progress, if I make any ;)

Also....BLOOD FOR THE PRIMARCH!!! SKULLS FOR THE GOLDEN THRONE!!!! :P

Hells yeah, SKULLS FOR THE GOLDEN THRONE!

Did I ever tell you the fluff for my old 3.5-era Khorne Berserker army? They were Blood Angels who were tricked into drinking the blood of a DP of Tzeentch because he was able to pull off masquerading as Sanguinius returned.

"Heh heh heh...Just as planned" :P

That sounds pretty cool ;)

Have you considered resurrecting that idea, I think I would like to see that.

I've toyed with the idea of it, but I'm not going to do jack squad with it unless Khorne gets some major buffs in the next codex. Cause playing with BA rubric marines (the other possible option) would just be... bloody odd.

I get what you mean, tbh honest this army started because of the Godawful "Renegades" dex :)

I have a very lonely looking kitbashed Khârn sitting on my table half finished B)

It really comes to something when the only way you can get a decent army of Berzerkers is with the BA dex!

Quick update.

Got everything bar half the Tac squad and half the Assault squad undercoated. Hoping I can bust through them tomorrow and then start laying my basecoat down.

Still kinda stuck on a scheme for the tanks. I have seen many awesome schemes on here but I need something I can do quickly that will look half decent :)

I'm thinking main body black, track units dark red with black hatches. but I may end up changing my mind :D

I will put some pics up on Friday evening, hopefully after everything is painted to a basic standard, gonna wait till I go back over the army with weathering before I think about putting them in the Hall of Honour :)

Alas time is now against me and I'm beginning to think I'm not gonna finish before the game :(

But hey, least I can do is try ;)

Archived