Crossing the line

Razblood

Thanks for the comments guys :angry:

The painting...is not going well :( I found myself a bit burnt out, so have only managed to get the basecoat on about half the army.

In the end I plumped for the Black body and Red track units on the tanks, which is looking pretty sharp and I haven't given up :)

I will be regularly updating this page but am not going to rush the paintjob, just have to play the game with a half painted army :P

Ok time for a final pic update before my first game in ages tomorrow.

I've managed to get the first layer of Red on pretty much everything that needs it and given how it's turned out I think I may just highlight and glaze it from here, before I start work on the final Black and metallic bits.

Here are some shots of the army assembled:

gallery_39897_6403_625860.jpg

gallery_39897_6403_1316590.jpg

gallery_39897_6403_140282.jpg

gallery_39897_6403_565046.jpg

The Rhino at the back right needs to have it's track units redone (I got carried away using it for the test scheme and I think it ended up WAAAAY too bright) :wallbash:

But overall I think that even with only one colour and the undercoat they are looking pretty nice, enough for me to have a game with them anyway :P

I can probably get the Troops units and the tanks done pretty quickly (maybe a day or two each) but I think the Death Company are going to be a trial (well there are 30 of them :lol: ).

Any comments or criticisms are welcome :)

Well I had the game, which ended up being 2 v 2, my Flesh Tearers and an Ork army versus DA and Guard.

Game ended at turn 3 due to lateness with my team losing due to losing our objective in the assault phase.

Although I still had 3 units in reserve :P

But it was a good game nontheless and I think if it had carried on it might have ended in our favour. Ah well, win some lose some.

Although I am now more determined to get this army finished, although I now have some transport related breaks to fix ;)

• 1 month later...

Well no progress to report, other than the fact that Gabe Seth has taken multiple swan dives from my table (breaking on the third try :) ).

I'm hoping to get some stuff done in the next few weeks now that the temperature has dropped a bit.

I will update as soon as I have something to report ;)

Well no progress to report, other than the fact that Gabe Seth has taken multiple swan dives from my table (breaking on the third try :( ).

I now have a mental image of Gabriel charging in his current pose off the end of a diving board, only to throw aside his chainsword and do a Micheal Phelps :P

• 3 months later...

Sounds about right :)

Anyway the long awaited update (possibly ;) )

Since last I addressed this army I have done another layer of Red and decided that I didn't like the Honour Guard scheme and that I could a much better job on them and Seth (the previous paintjobs being an experiment with layering inks) and so I am stripping them as I type this.

I am currently focusing on my DIY Chapter, but I think I will start alternating so that I don't get burnt out just painting one scheme constantly :)

So expect a further update in the near future :)

• 2 weeks later...

very good Raz, as we spoke online and has been said think alternating the painting between the two armies will be a massive benefit to your project building.

Really liking the heavy flamer conversion i saw on that termie, gives it a more harsher feel to it.

I'll be online tomorrow night at some point too.

Rob

Archived