GK Brotherhood Champion from Emperors Champion

RebG

Gentlemen!

Last time I tried to post a picture it was the size of a (very small) postage stamp. This is therefore a chance to show a model I've been working on and a chance to correctly post a picture for a change!

There's too much stuff I wanted in my new GK army so I went with the cheap option of the Brotherhood Champion for the HQ. I don't like the 'proper' model, never have. After a bit of a debate I went with converting (gluing stuff onto) the Emperors Champion model. A bit more can be seen in this blog post

Here's a couple of pictures of the finished chap:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-v0qna-WXjbk/Tkr97mn5WwI/AAAAAAAAAS0/1A7EoFSKWF8/s1600/2011-08-17%20002%202011-08-17%20004.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OKW7i71EOLg/Tkr9_Z7ROGI/AAAAAAAAAS8/uz2vb1OU2JE/s1600/2011-08-17%20002%202011-08-17%20006.JPG

Don't hold your breath for some paint <_< I have a Angels Sanguine force to get painted for the 3rd of September, I'll get round to it asap though!

Great minds think alike! I've done a very similar conversion for a Custodes Brotherhood Champion (I'm running them as GK's)

I removed the head carefully (thanks to finecast, this was very easy so I can use it for another model) and replaced it with a Scibor head.

It will probably be easier if I just posted pics rather than trying to explain it ;)

Anyway, great looking conversion!

Cheers all. I was quite pleased in the end.

He's great, but it doesn't look as if he's wearing Aegis Armor. He'll look quite a bit out of place next to "real" GK.

I'm kinda 50/50 about this. I know where you're coming from but I actually think the armour on this model is more baroque and knightly than the regular PAGK - the vambrace/gauntlet and the feet being the main bits from that point of view. The Aegis description doesn't mention he needs the psychic hood type arrangement so I'm not missing that.

I would agree that I'm missing some details like writing on some of the PAGK shins and chests, but that's a little beyond my sculpting/patience, as it the raised collar which I tried but failed with. It's a shame those little details are missing but I think it'll tie in ok...fingers crossed!

As for you Nurglez...we'll soon see!

Archived