Kharn

DeathByFear

I've recently had a thought run through my head.

But for this to possibly work i was wondering how Khârn does solo in 1000 pts. Basically what I was thinking would be to put Khârn with a squad of thousand sons in a land raider. The landraider would obviously transport them. Khârn would separate from the squad to assault and the thousand sons would jump out the side and shoot ap3 bolters. Then Khârn would assault a slightly weakened squad.

Not quite sure if all this is 'legal' with Khârn separating from the unit and the separate disembarking so.

C&C would definitely be appreciated.

Khârn is awesome no matter what points level hes plays at..

yes he can disembark seperately to the unit, both can disembark at the same time if they wish, aslong as you obey the unit coherancy rules for seperating the different units.

when possible i always try to seperate Khârn before charging, hes on of the best characters in cc becuase he hits on 2's, but any ones hurt your own guys... but not if hes unattached

Forgive me GC08, but Khârn's Betrayer ruling is worded:

Any of Khârn's to hit rolls of a 1 in close combat have hit his own side. Resolve the hits on a random friendly unit engaged in the same combat, as if they were hit by the enemy, using Khârn's weapons and profile. If there are no other units in the same combat as Khârn, these attacks simply miss.

So DeathByFear's idea is a legitimate and good way of using Khârn, as he is the only unit of yours in combat on his own, as the Thousand Sons would rapid fire and not charge. However, forgive me if I'm misinterpreting your post, but if you were to separate Khârn form say, a squad of Khorne Bezerkers, but then charge them both in the Zerks would still get hit by his misses as they are a friendly unit in the same combat, it does not matter whether he is attached or not.

So DeathByFear's idea is a legitimate and good way of using Khârn, as he is the only unit of yours in combat on his own, as the Thousand Sons would rapid fire and not charge. However, forgive me if I'm misinterpreting your post, but if you were to separate Khârn form say, a squad of Khorne Bezerkers, but then charge them both in the Zerks would still get hit by his misses as they are a friendly unit in the same combat, it does not matter whether he is attached or not.

ah i see what you mean, i had misinterpreted the wording, my bad.. probably should have costed me a few more zerkers over the last few games :) whoops

ah i see what you mean, i had misinterpreted the wording, my bad.. probably should have costed me a few more zerkers over the last few games :blush: whoops

Don't worry about it, everyone seems to read it like that, so you're not alone.

Perfectly Legal.

But I think its a waste of Kharns talents; not to mention a VERY pricy way to run him at 1k. I'd run him with a bunch o' normal chaos dudes and have him split off and charge stuff by himself. He can waste entire squads by this lonesome. Just run a basic Rhino Rush with Khârn.

Archived