Null Zone question

Chaplain Otho

Testing out my army list on Tuesday I came up with a question which neither me nor my opponent could answer,

If i use Null Zone, psychic power used in shooting phase but not classed a s a psychic shooting attack, can the librarian and unit he is with still run?

I said yes because he is not shooting or using a psychic shooting attack, my opponent argued no as he can't do both actions in the same phase,

In the end we rolled off and agreed to look it up later,

can anyone help?

For more clarity (and ammunition you can use against your opponent :huh: ), psychic shooting attacks typically are targeted instead of a general area of effect. Flame templates, blast templates, a straight line, a specific unit, etc. Many of them have a shooting profile like a ranged weapon. Like the others have said, this is just a psychic power that happens in the shooting phase. With few exceptions, psychic powers in the movement phase do not prevent the caster from moving, nor do powers in the assault phase prevent the caster from assaulting; only powers that act like a ranged weapon of some sort or specifically state they are psychic shooting attacks would prevent the unit from running, since one model is "shooting."

There is a clear definition of shooting attacks from the faq.

Q: What psychic powers count as psychic shooting

attacks? (p50)

A: Any psychic power with a profile like that of a

ranged weapon (i.e. has a range, strength and AP

value) and any psychic power that specifically states

that it is a psychic shooting attack.

OK...can you then null zone and then smite with an epistolary in the same shooting phase....

Sure can. You are limited to one Psychic Shooting Attack per turn. As Null Zone is not a Psychic Shooting attack, it does not count towards nor is it affected by that limit.

Archived