Crimson Fist Veteran Sergeant

KJB

I posted this random fellow over on Amicus a few days ago, he was a captain whom I'd spontaneously made, I had no idea what chapter he was going to represent and asked for some help deciding...

gallery_576_6389_368202.jpg

There were a few people saying he had a bit of a Fist vibe about him and as we all know yellow is physically impossible to paint, I decided on Crimson Fists.

I read Rynns World in 2 days (the joys of being redundant) and as much other background as I could find and the decided that the Crimson Fists were the most awesome Chapter in existence, ordered the Forgeworld decals and got cracking.

Now, before I post the results, I have to say that this was the first ever marine I've truely enjoyed painting and that I didn't fall to the black rage once from start to finish :( and that yes, there will be more of these guys coming soon

I removed the power sword half way through painting him as I decided that he was being relegated to Vet. Sergeant status and that my force would be lead by a Librarian instead (or Kantor when he comes out in Finecast) I replaced the sword with a truely meaty Forge World chainsword (they look awesome in my opinion) and finished him off.

gallery_576_6389_830061.jpg

gallery_576_6389_784121.jpg

gallery_576_6389_1562875.jpg

I didn't want to go too OTT with the highlights on the red, I wanted the fist to look dark and menacing for when he shouts "Falcon punch!" and launches Orks the length of New Rynn City

I've learned through trial and error on this guy where to cut the decals to get them to fit better - the next ones should take a few minutes to sort out, not an hour and a half... :)

Comments and critique welcome as always

*Clucking Bell* that is awesome. I love the depth in the blue and the red is spot on.

Seriously studying the pictures to provide some sort of constructive criticism and the only thing that I can come up with is...

There aren't another 9 models surrounding him, in amongst another 90 strong to make up a full fighting force of Fists (try saying that 10 times fast). Maybe add a speck of white to the eye to make it look more glossy, that is the only thing that I would consider, but I hate Marine eyes, so small and yet they make so much difference to the finish.

Looking at him, Chainsword and Power Fist, he doesn't have the best weapons combo in gaming terms, but I could see him heading up a 6 man footslogging Assault Squad emerging from a Razorback. He's got that 'surveying the battlefield' look about him. Pointing the sword in the direction that the squad is going to smash some face.

Stop reading, get back to painting, we want more, more, more... :)

@ Plasman - Cheers! Hmm, I may do them on the fist, though I'm loathe to do them on the pads for fear of knacking them up...

@ Kev - Cheers matey, I hate painting eyes, I struggle when I paint them and I use a 00 brush! As for weapon choice, I always go with what I like the look of rather than what's best (that's why my dreadnought is packing a Heavy Bolter - I love heavy bolters...)

Hmm, dreadnought next!

I really like him, the blues nice and deep and the isn't overpowering. The only critique I have I'd the blue chainsword casting, I paint my Chainsword wielding CF's black and I personally think it makes the fist stand out just that little bit more, but that is personal preference.

Get some more done and welcome to the CF bandwagon lol

I really like him, the blues nice and deep and the isn't overpowering. The only critique I have I'd the blue chainsword casting, I paint my Chainsword wielding CF's black and I personally think it makes the fist stand out just that little bit more, but that is personal preference.

Get some more done and welcome to the CF bandwagon lol

Haha, cheers!

I started the chainsword with the intention of leaving it black, but then I spied the CF assault marine in the codex and his chainsword was blue, so I thought I'd see what it turned out like and I'm reasonably happy with it. That and the ForgeWorld resin chainswords look awesome...

AWESOMESAUCE!!!

Well done mate I like him a lot! Has he got a name?

My only suggestion would be to maybe wash the reds with a darkish wash in the recesses to give them more depth and shadow. Not really a necesity though as he looks KICKASS!

:lol:

AWESOMESAUCE!!!

My only suggestion would be to maybe wash the reds with a darkish wash in the recesses to give them more depth and shadow. Not really a necesity though as he looks KICKASS!

;)

Cheers mate, I'll give it another watered down wash of badab black - When are your Fists getting some paint on them?

I've just started my dreadnought, I'll post a pic later (though if you can't wait, he's my avatar picture and in my Iron Hands gallery...)

AWESOMESAUCE!!!

:)

Cheers mate, I'll give it another watered down wash of badab black - When are your Fists getting some paint on them?

I've just started my dreadnought, I'll post a pic later (though if you can't wait, he's my avatar picture and in my Iron Hands gallery...)

Soon! haha! I've been out of the country for almost half the year and my 3 (poorly) painted marines are at my mates house still.

Im going to his monday/tuesday so you'll see them soon!

Thats really nice. Definately gonna have to pick up some of those Forgeworld Chainswords. They look badass. Personally I'm a fan of individualising things for marines and not making them too uniform. I'm going to paint a few of mine with the old school black and yellow hazard lines, aswell as add some other lil details to each individual.

Also, where are those legs from?

Thats really nice. Definately gonna have to pick up some of those Forgeworld Chainswords. They look badass. Personally I'm a fan of individualising things for marines and not making them too uniform. I'm going to paint a few of mine with the old school black and yellow hazard lines, aswell as add some other lil details to each individual.

Also, where are those legs from?

Cheers, the head, torso and legs are all from the Forge World MK IV power armour set

I tried doing the hazard stripes on some Iron Warriors ages ago, i was terrible... :)

• 2 weeks later...
the blue is amazing my friend :) if you havent already said, whats your recipe for the blue?

Thanks! The blue is as follows...

Undercoat - Chaos Black

Basecoat - Regal Blue, followed by a Badab Black wash. When dry a layer or Regal Blue was painted on leaving the darker colours in all the recesses's etc.

Highlight - 50/50 mix Regal Blue/Enchanted Blue, followed by a final highlight of Enchanted Blue

Archived