Ingo Pech and Alpharius (Ingo Pech Finished)

wow that greenstuff job is awsome...

Can u tell us how you did those capes (sicarius and dante)

I find capes to be the most troublesome part of a model, and i cant make them look like a cape... Your are great...!

Thanks for the encouragements guys :)

Kay: I'm pleased by your compliments :) I was thinking of doing a tutorial at some point soon regarding capes as I have developed a method which I believe works very well and allows one to sculpt very complicated folds and wind directions into the cloak with relative ease. I will keep you all posted on such a tutorial.

As for the Ingo Pech project, he is finished and photographs will follow later this evening as soon as my camera is recharged.

Now the real challenge begins; The depiction of Alpharius/Omegon :)

Ingo Pech is now finito.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/014.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/012-1.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/010-1.jpg

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/006.jpg

I have also had a break through with how Alpharius should look. In true Alpha Legion form the answer was right there in front of me the whole time! I said earlier that the character on the front cover of Legion, secrets and lies was Omegon masquerading as Alpharius and not Alpharius himself. Accordingly it didn't occur to me that it works both ways. That is it didn't matter that it wasn't technically Alpharius, that's what Alpharius was supposed to look like, therefore I am going to build a marine who is a head or so taller than Ingo pech. The project is already well under way. My only concern is that I want to put him on a base the same size as Pech's but according to the tournament he's meant for he needs a 40mm base. The problem is that he looks stumpy on a 40mm base. Proportionally smaller would have been fine but he just looks stumpy :P

So now we move onto Alpharius... the real Alpharius... based on a photograph of Omegon... you get the point!

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/Zaevin/017.jpg

Ingo Pech looks seriously awesome, i love the subtle conversion of the helmet and the armour sections such as the knee, as they give the whole model an extra dimension.

Looking forward to Alpharius!

maybe you should base him up with rocks n stuff so he looks even taller and if the peak of the pillar is about the same size as a 20mm base he wont look as stumpy and he'll look even taller

On other models like Sicarius or Honour guards the cloak is ornamental, this cloak is small for the purposes of what the guy who commissioned me calls 'cloak and dagger'. I would have preferred to have made the cloak longer but I think it's important for the pose of the model. Thanks guys for your fine words ^_^

On other models like Sicarius or Honour guards the cloak is ornamental, this cloak is small for the purposes of what the guy who commissioned me calls 'cloak and dagger'. I would have preferred to have made the cloak longer but I think it's important for the pose of the model. Thanks guys for your fine words :D

Ah right, in that case then yeah, it's perfectly sized. Cloaks used for duelling normally were weighted in the bottom, as an aside, dunno how you'd convey that in a model though.

i really like the cape and i see the idea. the Pech model is wonderful.

for Alpharius i think he should really be a bit bigger, i know he is a short primarch (as they go) but he is still massive. in Legion im sure at one point it states that a guards noticed the height difference whe he saw alpharus. still other than my pickiness i think its coming along very well.

You're correct Sword Brethren. As I remember it Cheyan of the Lucifer Blacks notices twelve characteristic differences between Pech and 'Alpharius' and that 'Alpharius' is a full head higher using the guy ropes as a scale.

Your point is a good one, he should be huge, and for an astartes the model is pretty huge haha though I felt it important to keep the stealthiness about him, that is I want him to be near indistinguishable from a normal marine at first glance. That first glance may save him losing a wound, or even his last wound to a vindicare or telion stand in or something similar. So at first glance he must appear as normal but when observed more closely he will be larger and he will have certain distinguishing features such as hydra iconography on his cuirass and shin joints, the symbols will be reversed (on the opposite shoulder pads) to pech and he will have two ropes instead of one, etc.

Today I added more structure and he looks taller already haha, pictures will follow when noticeable progress is made

Archived