Flesh Tearers Assault Force

Hello

after making a diorama thread i received a mixed responce and decided to improve before i finished it, but i enjoyed the flesh tearer i made so much i thought what better way to improve than to make a flesh tearers force.

i was thinking...

Librarian & Chaplain - both truescaled so they stand out.

3 Sanguinary preists

5 or 10 vanguard

20-30 Assault Marines

and from there i will just add other fast units like land speeders and stormravens

so lets get started with the Ex-Diorama Librarian

gallery_38604_4022_992886.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_9317.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_640238.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_413822.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_496510.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_844842.jpg

and a scale picture with Shining Storm's imperial guard

gallery_38604_4022_553177.jpg

i also have some shoulderpads for the vanguard i made.

gallery_38604_4022_703824.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_125463.jpg

and a mock up of a sanguinary preist.

gallery_38604_4022_270015.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_294542.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_2815.jpg

let me know what you think!

SB

I began work on the chaplain yesterday and i have blu-tacked all the main bits to him.

i wanted him slightly hunched throwing his arms wide with rage and screaming... but i wanted a helmet on him so at the moment im looking for a screaming skull helm, until then he has a less interesting one.

gallery_38604_4022_367907.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_115824.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_893973.jpg

as you can see its not quite there yet but im hoping the new helmet will help when i get it, i wanted his left hand to be bunched into a fist rather than carrying a pistol just to make him look more feral, ill add a pistol holster if i need to.

i wanted this guy to count as astorath or lemartes depending on what i am playing on the field so im hoping the crozius looks fearsome enough that people would accept it as the exicutioners axe.

thanks for looking.

SB

looking great, i really wanna see how you do the vanguard, what were you planning on giving them weapon wise?

the crozius on that chaplain is awesome by the way!

thanks man, weapon wise for the vanguard i think i'll go with chain axes and storm shields. playing them as lightning claws and storm shield (if you don't mind :))

i have a small update on the chaplain, a little work on the pose and much greenstuff work on the abdoman

gallery_38604_4022_45089.jpg

let me know what you think!

SB

Edit: i have also decided on a head after seeing it being used by Dan the Daemon on his night lords.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product...rge/Renenf8.jpg

Looking good.

One thing I would say is that you need to mix your green stuff better, there are some yellow/blue splotches in there. If it is because the middle of the strip has cured then just cut it off. I just fold it over and over till the consistency is correct.

Actually two. With the finer detail on the front of the librarian it looks like you were trying too much too quick. If you make the main shape and allow the green stuff to cure a little you will find it easier to make the indents into it without deforming the shape you have made.

Make it three, more please.

Looking good.

One thing I would say is that you need to mix your green stuff better, there are some yellow/blue splotches in there. If it is because the middle of the strip has cured then just cut it off. I just fold it over and over till the consistency is correct.

Actually two. With the finer detail on the front of the librarian it looks like you were trying too much too quick. If you make the main shape and allow the green stuff to cure a little you will find it easier to make the indents into it without deforming the shape you have made.

Make it three, more please.

thanks for the complements and advise i'll keep that in mind next time, the yellow /blue splotch is the middle, i'll cut that out next time.

Your true scale skills are very good. I think that you should just bite the bullet and make the whole force in true scale. It will look much better that a mixed scale force. I personally love the librarian conversion.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

in regards to going completly truescale, that would mean buying 4 assault squads and 2 death company AND 6 termy pack for the legs and stuff... it would mean alot more work (which is fine) and alot more money (which is not, i need to eat next year...). as attractive as doing that is i think i'll have to decline, though i will trawl ebay for some stuff, i may be able to make it true scale yet.

thanks

SB

only a small update, i am still waiting for the head until i make any decisions on the pose.

i decided to make the jump pack, i wanted to be more brutal, less graceful and different to the librarians so this is what i ended up with.

gallery_38604_4022_1089423.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_276966.jpg

thanks for looking.

SB

Archived