Flesh Tearers Assault Force

Thanks Marshal Sampson of Terra.

i have an update on the troop choices for this force. so i can provide re-enforcements in a friends game i made 2 assault squads, there are bits from a recycled templar squad, my old khorne bezerkers and a new assault squad, i have enough bits left over to make one more squad if i buy 5 jump packs.

so here they are. painting pending.

1st squad

gallery_38604_4022_315043.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_53144.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_195973.jpg

2nd squad

gallery_38604_4022_1247137.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_994876.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_710575.jpg

there are a couple of guns i need to drill out and i have noticed a few mold line on the pictures as well.

thanks for looking. next up, painted chaplain!

SB

Have to say that I think the Chaplain look bloody awesome :P

Although when I saw the second pose I imagined that he was looking at something in the air with a 'What the hell is that' expression :wallbash:

I think it may look more RAAAARRRGH with the wings flared out a bit more in a 'Look at me, cos I'm gonna be the last thing you see' kinda way :)

Also like the Assault marines. They look really rough and ready as Flesh Tearers should :lol:

where is the helmet from on the t-hammer and shield guy in first squad? I've seen them on alot of diffrent minatures lately but not sure what company makes them. excellent work so far

thanks

they are the steam knight head from maxmini

http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main...;products_id=60

The paint really makes the conversion come together on this guy. I love the pose as you already know and the true scale work is very good. I really like the dirty beat up look to the armor. He seems like a marine who worries more about the next melee than cleaning his armor. Excellent job.

I love the conversion choices you have made here, but being honest I am left feeling like its just lacking some licks of paint / rushed? there are a lot of details there screaming to be picked out that would really do justice to your awesome chaplain conversions.

I really like the pose that you went with on the chaplain.

I might suggest that you pick out some of the details on the metal work with Chainmail to make them pop a bit.

Those eye sockets are just screaming for an eary glow effect!!!!

All in all though that is one pissed off looking marine!!!!! Good work!!!!!

thanks for all the comments guys.

after the thoughts on the chaplain, i'm think that i may come back i do some details. unfortunatly i have got stuck into an assault squad and i don't want to lose my stride so the chaplain shall go to one side at the moment.

so for the assault squad i immediatly started painting my favourate sergeant using him as a test for how my assault squads will be painted.

gallery_38604_4022_1018385.jpg

REND!!!

gallery_38604_4022_169181.jpg

FLESH!!!!

gallery_38604_4022_1022394.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_963098.jpg

what do you think guys? anything i should add/avoid on the next squad member?

thanks for looking

SB

The weathering and battle damage definately makes them look very grimdark. I was looking for some inspiration for my own FT allies for my main BA force and din't want them to look as clean and blingy as the BA's. I think you've hit the nail on the head with your gritty, battle hardened looking models.

In fact, the FT shoulder pads I ordered have just this minute arrived in todays post. Guess I'll spend the rest of the day in a whirlwind of plastic and metal bits.

I'll be keeping an eye on the progress of your force - got plenty of inspiration and ideas here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Long time no post!!!

i have settled back into my uni halls now so painting got up and running again about a week ago. my first FT assault squad is complete!

gallery_38604_4022_903433.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1018385.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_686528.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1092754.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1079726.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_469127.jpg

and the preist that follows them...

gallery_38604_4022_879322.jpg

i have also started the second squad

gallery_38604_4022_1058924.jpg

and second squad's sanguinary preist was built last night out of spare parts!

gallery_38604_4022_764052.jpg

feeling that my painting is a little rusty but let me know what you think!

• 9 months later...

I really like the chaplain. The pose and the parts fit in a way that make him look very dynamic. Why didn`t you gave them all those jumppacks?

Nice to see that there are Marine who don`t polish their armour all day and instantly fix any battledamage. Thats something i don`tlike with most armys. They all look like they are fresh from the line. Don`t wanna know how many servitors they need to accomplish that but i really wanna see a paint-and-polish-servitor.

By the way what are those helmets from?

gallery_38604_4022_1058924.jpg

Archived