Why can't Tycho fly?

Goochman

I keep looking at the rules and it really I don't get it!!!!
Why Tycho can't fly if he's part of the D/C? You can have the same either flying or on foot but Tycho can only walk. Why is that? Why can't I pay the pts (like a regular D/C guy) and have him fly with the rest?
That really sucks...... :angry:

He may just be confused. Perhaps a mod can shuffle this over to the BA forum so they can handle him how they must there. :angry:

I use the BA codex, so I semi-count, I guess. Tycho's a special character; special characters are as-is purchases. Death Company don't have to fly, so if you don't want a flying DC, DC Tycho may be for you.

He may just be confused. Perhaps a mod can shuffle this over to the BA forum so they can handle him how they must there. :angry:

I use the BA codex, so I semi-count, I guess. Tycho's a special character; special characters are as-is purchases. Death Company don't have to fly, so if you don't want a flying DC, DC Tycho may be for you.

Except for the fact that DC Tycho is probably the 2nd Worst Special Character in the game, second only to Lukas.

That's my opinion, of course.

Except for the fact that DC Tycho is probably the 2nd Worst Special Character in the game, second only to Lukas.

Play Crowe for a while and Tycho starts to look kinda cool.

Play Crowe for a while and Tycho starts to look kinda cool.

At least you take Crowe to unlock Purifiers as Troops, so taking him makes sense. DC Tycho, on the other hand, has no perks.

At least you take Crowe to unlock Purifiers as Troops, so taking him makes sense. DC Tycho, on the other hand, has no perks.

well thats not quite true. he has....um......a ah.....no thats no good....what about his.......combi.....nah thats pretty bad too.......oh oh he has preferd enemy orks!!!......which only he has and hell get shot down by orks even before he gets into combat cause he is aparently so hard out not even DC want to hang out with him cause he doesnt have the IC rule.........in the ocasional game you get against orks....

nope your right he :)_-

In answer to the original question. Tycho is basically a tactical marine. He was captain of the 3rd Co in the way way back (codex wise) where BA players ran tacticals as troops choices, weird right? He's basically handicapped by his historical role of heading a Rhino Rush army, now obsolescent.

Captain Tycho is not so bad in a rhino/razorback army.

DC Tycho is the worst character in the BA codex. He can't join a unit (and is not a part of the DC, if he was a part of the DC he might be worthwhile) and unlike Mephiston/Sanguinor is not high toughness or eternal warrior. 1 Lascannon or missile launcher and a failed save and he's gone.

He is fleet, which is nice, but overall not worthwhile.

Or in the next codex, let him die with whats left of his dignity intact...

This, can we lay those heroes we know to be dead to rest without having a new writer zombie shuffling him to the not used pile.

Totally disagree, keep Tycho in, he is a cool, flavourful character. That said, he could do with a 25pt drop in cost.

Anyway, if you dont want dead characters in codexes, then Ward will just have to write him coming back to life again, like Lysander, and that is a far worse option.

@Goochman (?!) Tycho is not a member of the death company, youll notice that he is not an independant character, so cannot join them. It would be nice if he could take a jump pack, though. I think all BA characters should have this option, like lemartes in the 3rd ed codex.

Archived