1st Company banner.

vharing

Hey all, I am currently painting a FW blood angel shoulder pad, the sergeant one. It has a tabard hanging off of it, that I wanted to paint up with the colours of the 1st Company. Thing is I am not sure if the 1st company has its own banner, or if they just use the chapter banner.

I am thinking of painting up like the 1st company banner in this post.

That is quite simply Bloody Awesome! One critique however: the Blood Angels 2nd & 3rd company heraldries actually correspond somewhat* with the vanilla 2nd and 3rd company heraldries, if the other companies followed suit then it would be the 9th that had a fess, the 4th should be a per fess:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r155/khromash/compheral.jpg

* 3rd's bend goes in the opposite direction

Also personally I'd use the winged sword for 7th or more likely 8th company.

Do it, then post pics.

The first company would have its own banner, if youre ok with having your termie sergeant display company heraldry as opposed to his own, then go for it. Only thing is, I think the banners look a bit plain. Maybe have the 1st Co banner above as a background, then have a symbol on top, then repeat on a back banner?

Only thing is, I think the banners look a bit plain. Maybe have the 1st Co banner above as a background, then have a symbol on top, then repeat on a back banner?

The picture was only ever intended to show the backgrounds, for 1st I'd stick a crux terminatus or a skull within a halo on the front.

addendum:

The First Company banner I think is the one that comes in the Sang Guard box so that is what it looks like so I am guessing that the colors would be what it shows on the box. Just taking logical steps.

Fluffwise Sanguinary Guard do not belong to the 1st Company, and ruleswise the only banner they can carry is the Chapter Banner. So logically the banner in the box is most definately not the 1st Company banner.

was looking through pics the other day and noticed this...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/generalhazard_album/models/Capture-1.png

possible first co banner?

Considering its smack bang in the middle of a 2nd Company force without a veteran in sight I'd say its unlikely.

Archived