WHat symbol to paint on razorbacks?

northoceanbeach

You know how a tactical squad has an arrow, and an assault squad an x? Does it make any difference that for BA Assault squads are troops? I'm not sure if that arrow is for tactical squads or torrps, same with the x, so what do I paint on a rhino or razorback that carries assault marines? thanks.

On my Rhinos/Razorbacks, I paint the symbol that goes on the right knee. IE:

1 Squad: White Skull over a black circle

2 Squad: White Skull over a blue circle

ect.

The fact that assault squads are troops in the codex does not mean that they are no longer assault squads, and are still marked as such.

Remember, though, that those are codex markings, and the BA diverge from this significantly, as Tahaal said - Codex designation for command is a skull, while a skull on the kneepad designates either first or second tactical squads in the BA.

The fact that assault squads are troops in the codex does not mean that they are no longer assault squads, and are still marked as such.

Remember, though, that those are codex markings, and the BA diverge from this significantly, as Tahaal said - Codex designation for command is a skull, while a skull on the kneepad designates either first or second tactical squads in the BA.

A full rundown of BA insignia can be found in the codex.

Surely not! We don't use Codex markings. No arrows, lamdas (I presume intended as Delta for Devastators, but wrong) etc. Our assault squads use black or yellow lightning bolts as squad markings.

Personally I use general chapter heraldry on my vehicles, not squad specific. So winged blood drop on the top hatches of Rhinos and the doord of razorbacks.

Surely not! We don't use Codex markings. No arrows, lamdas (I presume intended as Delta for Devastators, but wrong) etc. Our assault squads use black or yellow lightning bolts as squad markings.

Unless you go by the illustrious tome that is Codex: Angels of Death ;)

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r155/khromash/BAR.jpg

can i just point out that we dont use kneepad symbols for squad designation- we use it for squad number. So squad 7 of reserve company 6(a tactical squad) will still have the lightning bolt symbol... Squad designation is by helmet colour.

Here lies my problem with Gold on sternguard helmets. Previous editions of the Blood Angels had veterans in the form of Veteran Assault squads. What we would now refer to as Vanguard Veterans. No special helmet color was set aside for them. In THIS edition the inclusion of Sternguard and Vanguard Veterans all of a sudden Veterans have gold helmets. I say, "NO" If you must use a color for Veterans helmets then yes white would work, or just a laurel, white on Sterns and red on Vanguards.gallery_53780_6286_130580.jpg

Vanguard and Sternguard as just Assault & Tactical, so I just give them yellow and red helmets respectively as they did before the current codex (tho admitedly 1st company tacticals hadn't been seen since RT)

Archived