Tanks, Tanks and more tanks. Could this actually work?

fawx

Hi

Im a fairly new player.

I was wondering if I could get your opinions on this list

Could a BA list with not much but tanks compete semi competively?

This is my list

Gabrial Seth 160pts

4x assault squads with flamer, removed jetpacks. Counts as 70 pts after the 35 point discount.

2x RAS t/l laz 90pts

1x ras ASSCAN 90pts

1x RAS HBS 55pts

2x Baal Pred- ASSCAN/HBS -145pts

2x Vindicator- StB - 155pts

Predator- t/l laz/HBS - 145pts

Total 1510 points.

Should I round it out to 1500 or expand to 1750?

could this work semi competively?

Fawx

BAs benefit in particular by two must-haves in their lists: Priests and librarians. All for the bonus of FNP and 5+ cover. Definitely work your collection to 1750 and get those models! I like your list - BAs in character are built around the RAS, jump packs or not, and BAALS. After that the next must haves are death company and blood talon dreads.

Good luck and have fun!

You could easily swap out Gabriel Seth for a Libby with Shield and stuff him in a razorback behind the tanks to provide a cover save for your vehicles wherever they go. A 5+ on every turn that you can shoot through is way better than a 4+ on one turn that you can't shoot through ^_^ You can then use the saved points in the HQ slot to put some gear on your RAS and still come in under 1500.

This is actually a VERY common buildout for Blood Angels players. Tons of 5-man squads in Razorbacks of either TLLC or LCPG loadout, a Librarian with Shield, a fistful of Priests stuffed into those 5-man squads, and as many Predators as you can manage in either Baal or Auto/Las loadout.

Most folks leave the Vindicators at home, because the Fast Vindicator is a dual-personality. Fast means you want to move it 12" and fire. But moving a Vindicator 12" tends to leave its soft sides exposed, and it's promptly turned inside out by missile fire.

Okay

I was thinking of playing it with the vindicators spearheading the formation, baals and preds covering the flanks and reazorbacks in the centre with a libby to give it the cover save.

Are sang priests to expensive for 5 man squads?

Do i have enough hitting power?

Would it be good to add a large scout squad to sit on my objective?

Should I change my turrets on the raz?

Thanks

Fawx

Archived