Starting a new army.

CuddlesHeretics

I want an all jump-pack army, to really capture the spirit of Blood Angels.

I'm going to get the battleforce, and convert the rhino and tactical squad into deathwatch, for use with other armies etc, so ignore them.

5 death company, with Lemartes.

5 assault marines.

Dante with sanguinary guard.

The Sanguinor.

Another set of sanguinary guard and death company. (The death company will form a bigger squad, not a seperate one.)

This leaves open my Elites, Fast Attack and Heavy Support. I'm thinking a Contemptor and Ironclad dreadnought for elite, but I'm not very good with fast attack or heavy support.

Any ideas, improvements would be much appreciated.

If you want a pure jump pack list (known here as DoA) then you don't want a Dreadnaught.

Things I would recommend are:

Assault squads

Death Company with JPs

Vanguard Vets

Sang Guard

Honour Guard

Sang Priests

Things like that. Mix and match for your own preference.

If you want a pure jump pack list (known here as DoA) then you don't want a Dreadnaught.

Assault squads

Death Company with JPs

Vanguard Vets

Sang Guard

Honour Guard

Sang Priests

Wouldn't a 'shooty' dreadnought be good to back up an assault orientated army?

Difference between sang guard and honour guard?

Sang guard take up an Elite slot, don't give a Fnp, FC bubble, have a 2+ save and carry glaives. HG take up no slots fit in any build, give a Fnp FC bubble and can be outfitted in multiple ways.

If yo really want to capture the spirit of BA you are looking for lots of rhinos, razorbacks, predators, and vndis

RHINO RUSH OR BUST!

GL with DoA though.

Bill I mean this in the least confrontational way possible:

How would you know? how long have you played BA's, do the words Rhino Rush bring memories of a crimson tide (and one black) rhinos that move flat out, disembark, and assault in the same turn? Overcharged Engines ARE Blood Angels. <_< the motivational poster that says, "drive closer so I can hIt them with my sword!" should be a rhino with a blood angels driver.

Assault squads

Death Company with JPs

Vanguard Vets

Sang Guard

Honour Guard

Sang Priests

Wouldn't a 'shooty' dreadnought be good to back up an assault orientated army?

Difference between sang guard and honour guard?

A shooty dread is OK fire support. Missile Devs are better, in my opinion. If you're hell bent on using Dreads in a DoA list, the Libby Dread is probably a good bet. A pair of them with Shield/Wings and Lance/Wings could work well. Footslogging Dreads take too long to reach the fight, and podding them means they arrive early. Libby dreads arrive "just in time" as long as the Wings tests go well.

Bill I mean this in the least confrontational way possible:

How would you know? how long have you played BA's, do the words Rhino Rush bring memories of a crimson tide (and one black) rhinos that move flat out, disembark, and assault in the same turn? Overcharged Engines ARE Blood Angels. ;) the motivational poster that says, "drive closer so I can hIt them with my sword!" should be a rhino with a blood angels driver.

That was just a playstyle that fit the Codex and rules of the time. There's a reason we have 4 unique character models that are jump infantry. Meph makes it 5 on a roll of 10 or less. ;)

Archived