Bolt Pistols and Boltguns

If I read the Pistol rule correctly I can shoot a pistol in addition to another weapon.

Example if I am within 12" of a enemy unit my Tactical Marines can rapid fire their boltgun and then also fire the bolt pistol.

I am checking if I am reading this right or am I going crazy?

If I read the Pistol rule correctly I can shoot a pistol in addition to another weapon.

You did not read the Pistol rule correctly. Pistols allow a single 12" shot, S4 AP5; in addition, they provide an offhand bonus in an assault (+1 A). That's all they do.

Example if I am within 12" of a enemy unit my Tactical Marines can rapid fire their boltgun and then also fire the bolt pistol.

No, they definitely cannot do this.

I'm not really qualified to comment on this. However, I believe you are in fact going crazy. Just me though. (Citation needed.)

You did not read the Pistol rule correctly. Pistols allow a single 12" shot, S4 AP5; in addition, they provide an offhand bonus in an assault (+1 A). That's all they do.

No, they definitely cannot do this.

I'm not really qualified to comment on this. However, I believe you are in fact going crazy. Just me though. (Citation needed.)

Ok I saw the addition and it got out of context.

Archived