Finecast Plaguemarines

Fits just right in with the plaguemarine theme, haha

On a serious note, there has been reports about bad cast quality on the finecast sets all over the net. I think you can get a new kit if you go back to the store with it... (at least here it's like that)

I didnt notice mom noticed only when they were built :/ :(

A little embarrassing. :)

If you've got half a head missing, that's a pretty serious miscast even for Finecast. Either take it back to the store or phone them up and they should replace it.

Finecast is like the old lead-free pewters from the late '80s and early '90s. The technology is still in its infancy; give them a year or two just to work all the bugs out. It seems to be as unpopular as lead-free pewter was, too. Every article in almost every game magazine of the day was panning both the industry and the government for removing lead from the mix.

GW will replace them. If you call them, they will need the batch number off the package and will send you a new box.

FWIW, they have added move vents in the molds and the newer runs have very few problems. No more than their metal counterparts. But the first few runs have about 25%-50% fail rate depending on who you ask. Even the low end is too high. But to their credit they are making improvements and they will replace it for free and without any extra hassle.

From personal experience, GW's customer service - when it comes to refunds/replacing bad figs - has never been anything less than stellar.

Couldn't agree more. I had a £70 order go missing in the mail and after 2 weeks they not only replaced the whole order but upgraded a rhino I'd bought to a predator by way of apology (his reasoning was it's the same chassis but now I could choose to build a pred if I so desired)

3 cheers for good customer service......though I suppose they need it with their lovely price hikes :D

Saa

I finally picked up some Chaos Raptors in Finecast the other day. My LGS (not a GW) has been trying to get orders in since they came out, and they've just been trickling in. Good thing I waited, and didn't order online, I guess.

At this stage in the game, my box must have been from some of the newer runs. The only miscast was a small section of shoulder pad missing. Given the fact that I'll be Nurglifying them anyways ... not a big deal. I'm looking forward to some other models I might need in Finecast (GUO, please).

I picked up a Huron Blackheart model this week from my local GWS. There were only two to choose from on the shelf and ones weapon was all bent so I picked the other. You would expect a quality mould from an independent character that is supposed to lead your army but when I opened the packet he was riddled with more holes than a cheese grater. As Huron is full of holes anyway I decided to render them as bullet hits instead (it's a long drive back to the store). I've never had a problem before with any of their products but if this happens again then I will take your advice and return the models for a replacement.

Achernar.

would it not be easier to have some quailty control guys look at the models before the package them?

Its entirely possible they were in a rush to get things out so there wouldn't be any major breaks in supply. Its a lose-lose scenario; either your quality takes a hit or your availability does. Either way, your customers mob up at the door with torches and pitchforks.

What i am curious until now is how they produce it. Is it using two pieces mold or pressure casting like most resin miniatures out there.

By using two pieces mold that is really easy to get air bubbles everywhere.

I picked up a Huron Blackheart model this week from my local GWS. There were only two to choose from on the shelf and ones weapon was all bent so I picked the other. You would expect a quality mould from an independent character that is supposed to lead your army but when I opened the packet he was riddled with more holes than a cheese grater. As Huron is full of holes anyway I decided to render them as bullet hits instead (it's a long drive back to the store). I've never had a problem before with any of their products but if this happens again then I will take your advice and return the models for a replacement.

Achernar.

The advice I was given was another one wont be better quality so i got a refund on some paints so yh :D a replacement may not be better

Achernar.

i will pick the bent weapon as resin can be straighten by heating it

I tried this with a bent resin weapon one night. Left it in hot water for a minute then bent it to the correct shape and let it cool. Looked great. Woke up in the morning and it had gone back to the original bent shape! Am I missing part of the process or did I just dream that I bent it???

Achernar.

I tried this with a bent resin weapon one night. Left it in hot water for a minute then bent it to the correct shape and let it cool. Looked great. Woke up in the morning and it had gone back to the original bent shape! Am I missing part of the process or did I just dream that I bent it???

Achernar.

have try with candle fire? not to close dough as it will burn

Archived