Cates WIP corner

Cate

When the Dornian Heresy came out last year I started to create a small warband of White scars, but after have painted loads of White Chaos Marines my urge to do my DIY warband began to call again. So I started to write the fluff about my marines, why they had fallen etc. The white and gold marines glared at me from their box and I picked them up again and renamed them Brotherhood of Innocence, I hadn't given them any White scars iconography yet, and kept them as they where. By accident I got another Daemon prince and a couple of Daemonettes and I have started to paint them. I would like to know what colour I should give the daemonettes hair and claws, I was thinking of black, the DP has black horns and bone-parts sticking out at the moment. The skin of the DP and daemonettes is Bleached bone, the loincloth will be red as will the eyes, so the hair and claws maybe should have a darker colour. Neither the DP and the daemonettes are done.

DP and daemonettes.

gallery_5565_6413_287743.jpg

This dreadnought will be part of my renegades when it is done, and I will name it after one of the helpful administrators of this site who helped med getting back my old account here if he dosen't mind. The Imperial Iconography will hidden and more chaos stuff will be added.

gallery_5565_6413_653478.jpg

This is some more of my marines which are on my friends Flickr account.

Other photos of my Slaanesh marines.

Looking good so far. Now is it just me or is the DP flipping the bird? lol

Yes he his, which I find stupid and juvenile. Wonder how the the great minds behind the model thought? The Dp model is kind of boring and as usual it is aimed at the Khorne and undivided crowd, still way better that the old one as there are a few options at least. I cant do anything with it to make it more Slaaneshy or Tzeentchy. There are three angry heads with horns, and the arms are either armed with heavy sword or axes or nothing at all, if you want the arms power armoured you need to use two badly sculpted arms and the left arm is flipping the bird. Where are the staves, more refined swords, claymores are so the 15th century, spell slinging hands, where are the bird heads, the more androgynous heads and for the love of Slaanesh why do chaos always have to get batwings, cant we get feather wings instead. Sure I can go and by a stupid Fantasy monster with wings, but I am not made of money and suck at sculpting so that is out of the question.

This is how I imagine the sculpting department works.

GW head of models: "Lets make something fresh and new with the DP model."

Sculptor: "Can you give me an example?"

GW head of models: "My 12 year old nephew had an excellent idea, lets make a model which is angry with horns and flips the bird."

Sculptor: "Wow that is fresh and innovative. So now we are out of ideas and are taking advice of 12 year olds?"

GW head of models. brings out the whip: "Shut up and start sculpting before you are flogged and keel-hauled."

Sculptor: "Yeth Mather!"

/Cate

Yes he his, which I find stupid and juvenile. Wonder how the the great minds behind the model thought? The Dp model is kind of boring and as usual it is aimed at the Khorne and undivided crowd, still way better that the old one as there are a few options at least. I cant do anything with it to make it more Slaaneshy or Tzeentchy. There are three angry heads with horns, and the arms are either armed with heavy sword or axes or nothing at all, if you want the arms power armoured you need to use two badly sculpted arms and the left arm is flipping the bird. Where are the staves, more refined swords, claymores are so the 15th century, spell slinging hands, where are the bird heads, the more androgynous heads and for the love of Slaanesh why do chaos always have to get batwings, cant we get feather wings instead. Sure I can go and by a stupid Fantasy monster with wings, but I am not made of money and suck at sculpting so that is out of the question.

This is how I imagine the sculpting department works.

GW head of models: "Lets make something fresh and new with the DP model."

Sculptor: "Can you give me an example?"

GW head of models: "My 12 year old nephew had an excellent idea, lets make a model which is angry with horns and flips the bird."

Sculptor: "Wow that is fresh and innovative. So now we are out of ideas and are taking advice of 12 year olds?"

GW head of models. brings out the whip: "Shut up and start sculpting before you are flogged and keel-hauled."

Sculptor: "Yeth Mather!"

/Cate

Amen, which is why I think my LGS owner is building a DP combining that kit & the tomb kings warsphinx kit for his Thousand Sons. But then, for that matter why is it that all terminator legs are so static for the most part? I'm personally a bit disgusted w/ GW's sculpting dept myself lately.

• 1 month later...

Some more stuff for my warband and both finished and WIP.

Finished DP.

gallery_5565_6413_9716.jpg

Chaos lord and count as Abbadon in Apoc.

gallery_5565_6413_120376.jpg

Unfinished Obliterator.

gallery_5565_6413_72360.jpg

Daemonettes or minor daemons in non apoc games.

gallery_5565_6413_19943.jpg

Unfinished Land Raider. (Yes the Imperial eagle is still there and it is part of the fluff).

gallery_5565_6413_209110.jpg

Dreadnought

gallery_5565_6413_120714.jpg

• 2 months later...

During this Christmas vacation I got bored with painting white and gold chaos marines, I have something like 80-90 of them including vehicles. So I went out and bought me some scenery, but before I started to paint it up I did two test models. I had an idea that I wanted to make the scenery look like green marble, so I did two spare space marines I had lying around.

Nr 1.

gallery_5565_6413_277343.jpg

Nr 2.

gallery_5565_6413_6678.jpg

There is no fluff behind the marines, but I know that if I ever start a loyalist army, the chapter will be a Raven Guard founding.

Here is the scenery, the statues base is not finished.

Statue front.

gallery_5565_6413_140288.jpg

Statue back.

gallery_5565_6413_441709.jpg

Fallen Aquila.

gallery_5565_6413_468145.jpg

Cheers

Cate

I used this page as my inspiration, but I didn't use the colours mentioned, Linky. So if by stippled you mean that I used a sponge, then yes it is stippled on. I am not sure if that what stippled means, English is not my first language.

The colours I used in order.

GWs Chaos Black

Dark angels green

Goblin green

Goblin green mixed with Skull white

Everything washed with Thrakka Green.

The "earth" on the Aquila is Bleached bone washed with Ogryn Flesh and the highlighted with Bleached bone.

Hope I answered your questions.

• 6 months later...

So now I have shelved my Chaos army for at least a couple of years and become a turn-coat and joined the Imperium. That sentence makes me cringe a bit. Anyhow, snow, fangs and bearded men made me thread over. So here is my first Space wolf, one of many hopefully.

gallery_5565_7507_27994.jpg

Yes I know I haven't drilled out the barrel, the picture is a bit blurry and the painting is not at golden daemon standard. ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived