Legion at Rhisienne / Legion of Plastic

migsula

Dear folks of Bolter and Chainsword.

Many a years ago, I was an active poster here, but realities of life and the width of different forums has forced me to concentrate on two I was a member before B&C was born. Recently I was shown a stunning Custodes and Heresy blog here, and after flattering the artist like a noob, I though I'd share some of my own work as well.

I've always been a great fan of the Astertes art and background, but was never pleased with the GW models. So first after a modest try with a DIY chapter of biggerised tacticals, I wanted to go full length. The Alpha Legion fits my personality and tastes some what well, and the Legion book really inspired, so a new project was born in 2009 and is slowly getting closer to army size.

Here goes:

http://legionofplastic.blogspot.com/2011/0...are-legion.html

Outstanding work. I am curious if you ever play with them, and what rules you use. I understand that you are an artist first and perhaps a player 2nd, but still. I am the other way around :yes:

- Natanael

Thank you so much guys!

I use IG rules, with house rule "legion cell" or reaping the desert Alpharius as Col Straken. Works neatly. Now I am expanding towards being able to use Grey Knight codex as well.

Thing is, I used to be a decent gamer. I once finished 7th in UK GT and have a couple of thirds from Finland, but the spirit of the hobby is what I love, and I found most of that at skirmish scale between close friends these days :)

It's very nice to find B&C so active after all this time. I do not want to disturb you unnecessarily, but if I have something impressive to share, I will post it here too. Otherwise, check out the Legion of Plastic blog for smaller updates.

Best Regards,

migs

Those are amazing! :mellow:

I'm intrigued by the blade you gave to the Alpharius mini. Did you buy that, sculpt it, or what? I'm creating my own army and planned on giving some special models a Thracian sword that is quite similar in appearance to what you've done, though perhaps changed a little bit. If you bought that, I might have to procure my own as the basis for my blades, saving me the hassle of having to convert/sculpt my own.

Have you considered using the Tyrant's Legion rules from the Badab War books? It gives a mix of Imperial Guard and Space Marines that you might find satisfactory for a mixed Alpha Legion army.

migsula,

Can I encourage you to post the original blog here on B&C, it will make it easier for us, mindless gans o fyour truescale Alpha Legion army to follow your progress, and flatter you until you turn crimson.

Thanks again for the great inspiration.

Those are amazing! ^_^

I'm intrigued by the blade you gave to the Alpharius mini. Did you buy that, sculpt it, or what? I'm creating my own army and planned on giving some special models a Thracian sword that is quite similar in appearance to what you've done, though perhaps changed a little bit. If you bought that, I might have to procure my own as the basis for my blades, saving me the hassle of having to convert/sculpt my own.

Have you considered using the Tyrant's Legion rules from the Badab War books? It gives a mix of Imperial Guard and Space Marines that you might find satisfactory for a mixed Alpha Legion army.

Looks like a converted scything talon, I'm guessing from a Hormagaunt

Thanks guys!

The blade is actually a cut off and repositioned thunder hammer with the actual blade bit from the flagellant kit ( a reaper).

Everyone's free to direct link pics here. I still need to figure out how. It would be cool If I could just move the entire blog from dakka to here swell :mellow:

The blogger blog has generated some fantastic discussion I really have no merit of. I urge you to read some of the thoughts on presenting Xenos for example! (in the topic replies, 35 in this one alone!)

http://legionofplastic.blogspot.com/2011/0...friendship.html

• 3 weeks later...

Archived