Multiple Drop Pods one unit

PsY Crash

ok so hypothetical, and im not entirely sure if its even an option since i do not have the BRB in front of me.

I play blood angels and am curious if i could take say 30 death company and split them up into 3 drop pods. (i know i can only take 1 drop pod for that unit, but im thinking of taking them as transports from other units i have being that those units dont necessarily have to be IN them.)

basically what i wanna try is to drop pod(3) the entire unit, and if im not mistaken i have one more turn to consolidate the unit back into coherency. is this viable/legal?

im always the type to try to play in strange ways and find odd synergies and strategies. so any input on this would help.

No, because 1) units are not allowed to start the game inside dedicated transport of another unit (they may start in a non-dedicated transport) and 2) a unit can not be divided over multiple transports. If the unit does not fit into a transport in its entirety, then it cannot embark into that transport.

No, because 1) units are not allowed to start the game inside dedicated transport of another unit (they may start in a non-dedicated transport) and 2) a unit can not be divided over multiple transports. If the unit does not fit into a transport in its entirety, then it cannot embark into that transport.

Bummer. figured as much. o well. thank you

Archived