Space Hulk

AngelOfDeathXIII

Greetings friends!

I just returned from my 3-week vacation in Zeeland (which is a province in the Netherlands). No matter how interesting my vacation was (which wasn't that interesting really), I posted this topic to tell about what seemed a miracle to me.

I visited a Premium Wargaming Store in the city Middelburg (the store was called De Burcht). I was chatting with the owner and some other customers when my eye was drawn to a shelf with several large boxes. I saw Blood Bowl, Starcraft the Game, The Battle of the Five Armies and as you might have guessed a copy of SPACE HULK. It was complete, the models still on the sprues. It was still sealed! The rest of that week I spend playing the game with my visiting wargaming friends.

If you actually kept reading until this point: I visited the same store a week later. I was watching a game of Warhammer Fantasy when my eye fell on the same shelf. The store had ANOTHER copy of Space Hulk. Sealed and for the original price!

So. If any of you lives in the Netherlands (or Belgium) or something and really wants Space Hulk visit this shop. Unfortunately he doesn't have a webshop so you'll have to visit it yourself.

I hope I've made someone happy with this B)

Greeting

AoD

Oh and for those of you interested I'll upload some pictures of the box (as it was when I bought it), some gameplay and the models as I continue painting them (one of them is finished atm).

Greeting

PS:

'De Burcht' is an awesome store. He has lots of amazing stuff like the Basilisk Company from Apocalypse!

I had a similar thing happen when on a trip visiting my girlfriend in Spain. Sold out here in the Uk and this little backwoods hobby shop had copies of Space Hulk still!

I didn't pick one up at the time but she got one for me and brought it back here when she visited a few weeks later :D

Only downside is the rule/mission books are in spanish so I sure as Hell can't play a game without translation haha

Got the models though B)

I'm quite lucky that GW is generally too lazy to translate to Dutch, so I got the English version. The only time GW translated anything (White Dwarf is in English as well.) were the rule books for Assault on Black Reach and Battle for Macrage I believe. The Black Reach Rule Book was translated great (xD). For example the cover says: Regal boek which should be Regelboek.

I had to make an account just for saying this: thx for this tip, I've allready contacted the store you mentioned and they've set one apart for me, I'm getting it this afternoon. Have to drive 110km for it but I don't care

Great to know I helped someone with this!

110 km... Damn Netherlands or Belgium?

yeah but if lived in England (which is the only country in Europe i would live in) i would travel to the store in Belgium. No need to be a jerk.

thanks

I don't get it? Why would you live in England and travel to Belgium for a GW? There are like literally 80 times as many GW's in England then in Belgium?

Or did you mean you'd travel to the store that had the Space Hulk in it? I dont mean this in a rude way, but are you from the US? Because all the americans I know seem to have a completely different idea of travel distances to most Europeans, and you seem to share that idea. I would question why you'd want to travel that far for a copy of SH when it'd be easier and cheaper to get it over fleabay(for example - pay £60 for space hulk after paying somewhere near £80 to travel for it instead of just paying £120 for it online, net saving ~1 box of terminators)... Not meaning to be a jerk by the way.

I have a couple questions about Space Hulk.

1. If I were to buy the full game, would it come with everyone of the terminator models? IE: Lorenzo, Gideon, Valencio, Zael, Claudio, Omnio, Noctis, Scipio, the Libriarian, etc...? Or do you have to buy models individually?

2. Are the models the correct size to use in Warhammer 40k games?

3. Which edition do the terminator models I listed above come with?

I ask because I think the standard space marine terminators are a bit bland, I would love to have more visually appealing models to field for my terminator squad.

Sorry if all of this is common knowledge, I'm relatively new to 40k.

I have a couple questions about Space Hulk.

1. If I were to buy the full game, would it come with everyone of the terminator models? IE: Lorenzo, Gideon, Valencio, Zael, Claudio, Omnio, Noctis, Scipio, the Libriarian, etc...? Or do you have to buy models individually?

2. Are the models the correct size to use in Warhammer 40k games?

3. Which edition do the terminator models I listed above come with?

I ask because I think the standard space marine terminators are a bit bland, I would love to have more visually appealing models to field for my terminator squad.

Sorry if all of this is common knowledge, I'm relatively new to 40k.

1. You get all the models meaning you get two Space Marine Terminator Squads, one with heavy flamer, one with assault cannon, one sergeant with powersword, one with thunderhammer and stormshield, one terminator with lighting claws and a Terminator armored Librarian (and a really cool (dead) Terminator on a throne)

2. Yes they are, the bases are just of a different size.

3. These models come with the Space Hulk released in September 2009.

You are quite right :P That was a big reason for me to buy them as well ;)

No problem.

Good luck with it ;) (Shall I upload some photo's op the painted models in this topic so you can get an idea?)

Awesome I just mailed back and forth with the owner and have now reserved the game as well. I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

He mentioned I had to be quick because he was planning to raise the price soon (currently €100).

Btw travel distance between my home in Breukelen and Middelburg is 178,9km ;)

Awesome I just mailed back and forth with the owner and have now reserved the game as well. I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

He mentioned I had to be quick because he was planning to raise the price soon (currently €100).

Btw travel distance between my home in Breukelen and Middelburg is 178,9km ;)

Appearantly he knows I informed you guys because when I bought it (2-3 weeks ago) it was only 80 euros xD

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome paint job! Are you going to change the base to the standard terminator bases for tt games? I still haven't painted mine <_<

heh I wish they were still selling down in Aus, a mate of mine would like one.

I was lucky I bought my copy when it got released, prior to that I was closely looking for online auctions for the original release of the board game. I used to play the computer game as well back in 94 i think.. still DOS days.

Archived