Old Figures

WeaponAdept

I had two of those guys. I think I still have them actually. I remember thinking how much better they looked than the Grenadier line of D&D miniatures. Ral Partha was still ok back then. The models are so much better now days. Those do bring back memories though.

I have one of each of these models and frankly I think they are still some of the best looking models GW has ever produced. they both have such character without being overly gaudy or, frankly, so overly ornate as to look silly (some of the new and over-the-top GK models for example). I've kitted them both out with metal GK arms and they serve as Terminator Justicars or Brother Captains, depending upon the list I'm running.

Thanks for sharing these great, classic models!

Think these old boys are worth owt? I've had them yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeearrrrs.

I smell a redditor...

Nice minis! Is that thunder hammer part of the original model? It looks like it's one of the 2nd Ed metal terminator arm.

You are correct about the thunder hammer arm. The model came with a combi-weapon arm (Bolter with a Lasgun on top, I think).

Lovely. Not sure you'd get much for them if you sold them, but the bragging rights and stories you could tell would be well worth keeping them! Most of my rhinos are rogue trader, not because I sought them out etc. but because I've been playing such a long time and not that many people have them now. Always manages to get a few conversations going about the good old days (and makes me waste half my turn at tournaments :) )

"The model came with a combi-weapon arm (Bolter with a Lasgun on top, I think)."

Combi Psycanon in fact... The look of that weapon changed a bit, so did its effects 8)

DS

Looks like we were both wrong.

The actual 'Eavy Metal photo from White Dwarf states it was a Bolter/Needler Combi-weapon. WD Pic.

Someone who frequents the website reddit.

Never heard of it, sorry.

Heh, no biggie. You're actually better off not going there. There's a lot of interesting and time wasting stuff but I think it'll suffer the same fate as Digg and be replaced by something completely different but altogether similar.

I guess I have seen too many "Hey guys, remember this?" and "I have/haven't done this in yeeeaaaaars" posts lately and the formulation you used in yours was a bit too familiar.

But enough about that. Let's keep it on the subject. I don't really have anything to add at his point anyway sooooo... yeah, needler. Haven't heard that weapon's name in a while. One of the first poisoned weapons, iirc. Can't look up my 2nd ed books from work. :)

Hmmm you might be right indeed Crazychib, the psycanon is the Ordo maleus arm and that is a combo bolter/needler.

Its somehow hard to say on first glance for original psycanon looked like a broomhandle gun with a long barell, then there is the Ordo mini with the skull thing above (link), there we have the =][= game with an inquisitor bearing a psycanon shoulder turet, then Mk1 & Mk2 Grey knights minis... What a mess !

http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c2019sm...erminator-h.htm

DS

Archived