blood for the blood god

wooday_218

I've always played on the side of the imperium , black templars , blood angels, imperial guard but now its time to try my hand at the bad guys, and you don't get much more of the bad guys then world eaters .

Over the next couple of months i'l be assembling the 36 khorne bezerkers I have including a rhino and a convered chosen squad I have planned.

Here's the test mini ,I know he's quite bright but I was reading the fluff and I found this

' It is rumoured that the World Eaters did not change their colours but simply spilled so much blood that their armour took the dark red colour. This doesn't really explain the brass nor their unique Khornate helmets, and is likely a legend based on their reputation.'so I thought I'd play on this and make the red look fresh and wet but also worn and shaded over centuries,I also want to add cracking to the ceramite plates but I'm still working on how i can achieve this . Anyway enough rabbling here is the test mini -

gallery_50739_6442_492082.jpg

I don't think he's too bright at all! Actually its refreshing to see someone go for a lighter route then the same old dark dark red. One thing I would suggest is to give a go at chipping the armour a bit. A few nice dabs of 50/50 Chaos Black and Scorched Brown with a sponge would add some nice texture. Keep it up!

I also really like that red, it all looks real purdy.

Also, if you add [ img] at the start, and [ /img] at the end of those pic links (remove spaces between [ and i and /), the pics'll appear here in the thread.

Cheers,

Jono

Ok now for the next member. I wanted most of the models to look dynamic , I love the Khârn the betrayer model as his pose is like he's issueing a challenge, so I made this guy up, small conversion but I think I like the posegallery_50739_6442_315935.jpg

thanks guys, yeah i thought i got all them mold lines till i looked at that photo! My regular opponent has a space wolves army so i thought it could be a good opportunity,khorne likes the taste of wolves after all!

Sorry about the lack of updates been bizzy with work but now I've added couple more coats,a 2:1 scab red and blood red and also pure blood red for the middle sections . On the test model I've added linseed oil to the blood red parts to make them even shinyer and the red seems more deeper.almost like wet blood seeking through the armour! Oh and the base is finished on test mini. Let me know what u think guys . Any comments or cretisism is welcome,

gallery_50739_6442_168666.jpg

gallery_50739_6442_372660.jpg

Archived