Binned colour scheme

WeaponAdept

Hey, I painted these boys when my Crimson Hammers were to be the "Imperial Hammers". My Buddy pointed out that yellow and black = bumblebee men....

I rushed em through and stupidly varnished em so I can rework them for my new scheme.

Thought I'd put em up here before they eventually go to the bin. Will salvage the Hammers tho!

gallery_45575_6434_1464674.jpg

gallery_45575_6434_1908560.jpg

gallery_45575_6434_2595143.jpg

gallery_45575_6434_1807562.jpg

gallery_45575_6434_3248155.jpg

gallery_45575_6434_3324705.jpg

gallery_45575_6434_51807.jpg

I like both the old scheme and the new. You should try to salvage the old models, maybe with simple green if you can't stand the "bee man", they look like they could still fit in with your newer look. I threw out a couple marines about five years back, it was only three or four and I still miss them. I recomend keeping them if it's not to late.

Simple Green is very safe. I use a medium jar and put what ever I want stripped in the jar with enough non-diluted simple green to cover the entire mini and wait a copuple days. I then remove the mini and lightly scrub off the paint with a tooth brush and from time to time use a toothpick or needle to get the nooks and crannies. After wards wash with plain water until it no longer feels soapy and set out to dry. I have repeated this proccess up to three times for models that just wouldn't come clean, I later discovered some primers will not come off 100% but shouldn't be to noticable. I have also left models in the simple green for up to three weeks with no damage. There are a few other products like simple green but I have no experience with them. Oh, it is also safe to handle unless you are sensitive to chemicals in which case wear some gloves.

EDIT: To be clear Simple Green is very safe for the task. Simple Green is still a chemical so read the warning label so that you handle it safely should you choose to use it.

Or failing that, just stuff them in a box for a few months. I've done that with many old models, and later taken them out again thinking, 'Hmm... I could do this.'

Most of my DA army is old models I've managed to rescue like that. :)

if you use acetone free nail varnish remover its safe on plastic (not sure about resin though)

yellow and black is very fisty tbh.. its why the hammers of dorn are yellow and black.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2011...orn_Captain.jpg

along with the scythes of the emperor who are all sorts of yellow and black.

tbh id say stick with the black and yellow and just work some sneaky references in there.. like Captain Suzumebachi (ref the japanese hornet)

http://www.cracked.com/article_15816_the-5...s-in-world.html (bad language warning.. and also psychotic monster bug warning)

Archived