Instant Death and Invulnerable Saves

Vexicus

Hail Brothers,

I am trying to figure out if when a marine such as a Chapter Master of any model with an invulnerable save is shot with say a Lascannon would you still be able to roll your invulnerable save or would it negate that too? I assume if you can take your invulnerable sabe and fail you would go "poof" but I was just curious.

Thanks

Vex

Actually, C'tan phase blades do not ignore invulnerable saves anymore. In fact, I don't think anything ignores them anymore.

Regardless, as has been said you always get to use your invulnerable; it doesn't matter the strength of the weapon.

There are a few necron weapons, such as The warscythe and the c'tan that ignore all saves, but just because the weapon causes instant death doesn't mean it cancels out an invunerable save. It has to specify that it ignores them in order to by pass them.

You still get to take your saves against weapons that cause instant death. Armor saves, if it's high S but doesn't negate the armor, otherwise invulnerable or cover saves if available.

Necron Pariah and Lord Warscythes ignore invulnerable saves, but their strength score means they can only ID T2 models. The two c'tan are S9-10, so they can insta-gib most any infantry model they engage in CC (except Mephiston :) ) as well as completely ignoring invulnerable saves. Aside from them, I can't think of anything that instant kill through strength while ignoring invulnerable saves.

Archived