using jump troops in a hybrid list

terminatorAM

So I like to play a hybrid list with mostly rhino mounted elite assault units, a couple of vindies, and a pair of typhoons flying support but I love to have jump pack equipped assault squads as troops. the problem is they need to deploy differently than the rest of the units or be singled out by anti-infantry fire. Ive tried deep sriking them with some success but Im not sure if it is the best way to go with them. Would keeping them in reserve be a good option and running them up the field towards objectives as soon as they arrive or would keeping those meltaguns in DS be best to counter any vehicles that come up and mess with the rest of my force?

Deploy them most times normally. Jumping behind and not into cover or screen with tanks. Jumpers are just more vulnerable and need some finnesse. When terrain is sparse or the distance is long. DS NEAR your target but hopefully with cover between you and him.

Hybrid was my PDF list once you are used to it it runs smooth. You have to THREATEN your opponent, convince him to shoot at units that aren't actively accomplishing an objective to allow other units to continue unmolested. A hybrid list is like boxing, it's not landing the most punches, it's learning to take the right hits to wait for the opening to break the other guys jaw and split his kidneys.

Term,

so much relies on what your opponent has and what the terrain is like.

Are you looking to have 2 squads of jumpers?

I usually use one ten man in my hybrid lists and they work with great success.

All I can say is that I deepstrike em in about 50% of the time. It really does depend so much on the opponents.

You never want to throw units away so striking them in when they're not supported is just a poor choice.

If you outshoot your enemy, then dont deepstrike. Use them as a counter.

If you outfight your enemy, then get up in their grill asap and deploy with a strike (but not so close that you'll be charged to death!).

here are some batreps:

SA Regionals Heat1 - 1st Place.

SA Regionals Heat2 - 2nd Place (last year 4th)

Icon 2011 - 3rd Place (Last year 1st)

Dragonfire - Doubles- (BA/BA) - 1st (last year 1st)

Veterans 2500 - 1st (last year 2nd)

Adepticon and USA tour - 47th/256 :lol: list here

Archived