Difference between DC dreadnought and Furioso

CuddlesHeretics

You can make either out of the kit, so when you buy it all in bulk you can read the book before you assemble the kit.

/

The DC Dread has WS5 and 3(4) attacks, av12, Rage, Fleet and Furious Charge. It also completely ignores Shaken and Stunned results.

The Furioso is av13 WS6 A2(3) and has Red Thirst.

Hey guys, I don't have the codex just yet and I prefer to buy in bulk, so I'd buy it all together, and I'm going to get a dreadnought.

Do I use a DC dreadnought or furioso?

Does the DC dreadnought have to be with the other DC squads, and what're the benefits of either model..?

The DC dread's biggest pluses are:

Its fleet,

its extra attack,

its cost,

and its ability to ignore shaken/stunned.

Always has rage (therefore Furious Charge! S7 )

The drawbacks however are:

It rages- and fleet doesnt help this. its very easy to lead a single model raging unit around.

Most of the time stunned results are ignored by extra armour on Furiosos, and most of the time the dread will be fleeting, not shooting, so its arguable.

The Furioso's biggest pluses are:

WS6 - hits characters on 3s :P

Has Av13 .

Now, this is the biggest boon. Av13 makes a HUGE difference. Makes any weapon less than S7 useless, and means that regular powerfists only pen you on a 6!

Never go without extra armour on a furioso by the way! Consider his starting points as 140!

Av = Armour Value? (I'm fairly new to forums)

and is it rear armour value then..?

Yup yup! its AV. But remember when you fight a walker in close combat, you fight with its front armour. So, you'll be fighting 13 against a Furioso. Also, with good placement/positioning from you, most of the time the enemy should be shooting front armour too!

I dunno, the Furioso is more survivable and isn't going to go charging a Land Raider it can never damage.

I have a real affection for the Frag Cannon/Blood Fist Furioso. Give it a Magna Grapple and you can pod it down and take 4 shots at some rear armour turn 1 and still have AV13 to possibly survive til the next turn

I dunno, the Furioso is more survivable and isn't going to go charging a Land Raider it can never damage.

I have a real affection for the Frag Cannon/Blood Fist Furioso. Give it a Magna Grapple and you can pod it down and take 4 shots at some rear armour turn 1 and still have AV13 to possibly survive til the next turn

This is true.

I was I guess looking at just Blood Talons dreads. Pretty much any other setup I'll take the Furioso. But in general, I think the Blood Talons are the best way to run a dread.

It rages- and fleet doesnt help this. its very easy to lead a single model raging unit around.

I'm going to disagree with you on this point, if you have your wits about you and its not the last model you have left on the table it is NOT easy to kite a raging unit around...and seriously the only thing that keeps jump pack dc from being good to take is the cost...otherwise they are just fine.

Neither is the Death Company Dreadnought, unless you have something wrong with your head.

Remember, with Rage you're not forced to assault the nearest target, only move/run towards it.

If your DC Dreadnought isn't in combat, it's a 125pt meltagun and pretty scenery.

I'm sorry, did you just say you're better putting your Death Company Dreadnought in combat with something that it hasn't a hope of hurting rather than not? That seems a bit silly to me.

I can imagine it being worthwhile charging a Land Raider if there's nothing else in range and the charge will give you extra distance in how far you've moved for a turn. Charging something that you literally cannot damage simply because you feel that the Dreadnought "ought" to be in combat is absurd, however.

No.

However I was merely illustrating that in that instance you are pretty much stuffed with the DC Dread. So it is one advantage for the Furioso.

That example isn't a Death Company Dreadnought vs. Furioso Dreadnought question, however: it's a blood talons vs. power fists question.

A Furioso with Blood Talons can no more harm a Land Raider than can a Death Company Dreadnought.

No.

However I was merely illustrating that in that instance you are pretty much stuffed with the DC Dread. So it is one advantage for the Furioso.

That example isn't a Death Company Dreadnought vs. Furioso Dreadnought question, however: it's a blood talons vs. power fists question.

A Furioso with Blood Talons can no more harm a Land Raider than can a Death Company Dreadnought.

On the other hand you can't get locked into combat with a vehicle. The owning player has to choose between staying stationary or moving, thus giving you another round of shooting with 2D6 melta (and maybe grapple).

No.

On the other hand you can't get locked into combat with a vehicle. The owning player has to choose between staying stationary or moving, thus giving you another round of shooting with 2D6 melta (and maybe grapple).

I'm curious--I don't really know the rules well enough...but maybe someone could shed some light:

Since you can't get "locked" into CC with a vehicle, can you still shoot it even if you're within 1"? (I'd believe it if there were a rule specifically saying you cannot)

And if yes/no is it different for a Walker, or MC, or Infantry?

Hey guys, I don't have the codex just yet and I prefer to buy in bulk, so I'd buy it all together, and I'm going to get a dreadnought.

Do I use a DC dreadnought or furioso?

Does the DC dreadnought have to be with the other DC squads, and what're the benefits of either model..?

The DC dread's biggest pluses are:

Its fleet,

its extra attack,

its cost,

and its ability to ignore shaken/stunned.

Always has rage (therefore Furious Charge! S7 )

The drawbacks however are:

Most of the time stunned results are ignored by extra armour on Furiosos, and most of the time the dread will be fleeting, not shooting, so its arguable.

The Furioso's biggest pluses are:

WS6 - hits characters on 3s :)

Has Av13 .

Now, this is the biggest boon. Av13 makes a HUGE difference. Makes any weapon less than S7 useless, and means that regular powerfists only pen you on a 6!

Never go without extra armour on a furioso by the way! Consider his starting points as 140!

Due to dc dreads having furious chage doesn't the I5 charge make it on there?

Archived