3rd Company Banner

UltraHawk

Hey there! I posted a topic on the Ultramarine segment her on B&C a few weeks ago here, asking if there existed a tutorial on painting the 3rd company banner. Turns out there isn't, but I recived advice in abundance and was inspired by Tranc to just have a go at it and see how it would go... and so I did and I'm glad for it, here are the results:

gallery_54035_6451_1519349.jpg

Now as you can probably see I am far from being a good pictographer, but you get the jist of it.

The prospect of painting this was scary at first and the first time I tried to paint it, it turned out horrible. But I painted over that monster and tried again and this happened.

I really just followed Trancs instructions on how he did his Rhino door, I had the codex in my lap and edged out the tyranid with a thin line of black and after you get the head right the rest comes naturally. and the number one advice I would have is to take it slow, don't hurry. split it into stages and take brakes in between, go watch a movie and relax. I found that if I wasn't completely relaxed whilst doing this I would screw up.

Hope you like this Brothers!

Archived