My first PA mini in a while finished

While working on my massive painting backlog I took a little break to paint a gift for my wife. This is a wedding anniversary gift and a replacement for a sister I gave her on our first date painted in a BA red. The original has been lost to the sands of time due to two moves or possibly my step-daughter. The darker color scheme is the Word Bearers colors from the tutorial on here and I'm happy with the end results.

A couple of things, I know I'm far from a great painter and can do table top at best, but I'm proud of this mini and the work I put into it for the past few days. Secondly I am horrible at bare faces but that was the only sister I had so I did my best with it (hair placement did not help). I am proud of this work especially having to hide working on it while living in a two bedroom apartment with a blabber mouth three year old who tells Mommy everything she sees going on. Once again I know I won't get a GD for it nor do I expect to, but I'm proud as this did push my skills a little and I did the best job I could.

Finally this was also a nice break from my WIP SW force pics coming soon. I just finished basecoating 40 models Fernis Grey and the break helped. That doesn't include the 3 hq models which I always do seperately to lavish more attention on rather then assembly line style.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/spotaflint33/IMG_20110831_002414.jpg

Archived