Can termies ride in a Stormraven Gunship?

Quillen

I used some terminators in a stormraven against my friend before, and he brought up the same point. "Where does it say that in the codex"? Land raiders mention terminators, and storm ravens speak of jump infantry. what the raven rule says is that it can carry "one UNIT of up to 12". Under the Terminater armour rule on pg 61. it simply says that they count as 2 model, and cannot embark rhinos and razorbacks. Unless that's the part that people are scrutinizing. It doesn't say they can fit in a raven, the wording simply says that they are too small to fit in rhinos and razors. I still don't know.

I used some terminators in a stormraven against my friend before, and he brought up the same point. "Where does it say that in the codex"? Land raiders mention terminators, and storm ravens speak of jump infantry. what the raven rule says is that it can carry "one UNIT of up to 12". Under the Terminater armour rule on pg 61. it simply says that they count as 2 model, and cannot embark rhinos and razorbacks. Unless that's the part that people are scrutinizing. It doesn't say they can fit in a raven, the wording simply says that they are too small to fit in rhinos and razors. I still don't know.

It's been explained to you by several different people. What's not to know?

Infantry can embark on transport vehicles. Terminators are infantry. Stormraven Gunships are transport vehicles. Terminators count every model as two models for the purpose of embarkation. What else do you need to know?

Saying "oh, but Terminators can't embark on a Razorback so they can't embark on a Stormraven Gunship" is like saying "oh, but Terminators can't equip jump packs so they can't equip storm bolters," or "oh, but Terminators can't sweeping advance so they can't actually move at all".

There is absolutely no more mention of Terminators in the Land Raider entry than there is in the Stormraven entry. Both have a transport capacity: 10, 12 or 16 models for Land Raiders and 12 models for Stormravens. Where's the problem?

Under the Terminater armour rule on pg 61. it simply says that they count as 2 model, and cannot embark rhinos and razorbacks.

And that is the whole point. Terminators can ride in any transport vehicle because they are infantry. The only exceptions are finaly regulated under the Terminator Amour Rule. So besides Rhinos and Razorbacks Terminators can ride in every other transport, even Drop Pods if that where an option in our codex.

Btw: There is also an official White Dwarf Apocalypse Formation called "Archangel Skyforce" where Terminators are transported by Stormravens. <_< (German WD 182/ February 2011)

Under the Terminater armour rule on pg 61. it simply says that they count as 2 model, and cannot embark rhinos and razorbacks.

And that is the whole point. Terminators can ride in any transport vehicle because they are infantry. The only exceptions are finaly regulated under the Terminator Amour Rule. So besides Rhinos and Razorbacks Terminators can ride in every other transport, even Drop Pods if that where an option in our codex.

Btw: There is also an official GW White Dwarf Apocalypse Formation called Attackfleet "Archangel" where Terminators are transported by Stormravens. <_< (German WD 182/ February 2011)

To expand slightly on the Drop Pod comment, the reason that Terminators cannot embark on Drop Pods in the Blood Angels Codex is because Terminators cannot take them as dedicated transports. However, in the Space Marine Codex (and I believe the Space Wolves Codex, though my memory is hazy and the book's in the other room), you can take Drop Pods as transports for Terminators.

To expand slightly on the Drop Pod comment, the reason that Terminators cannot embark on Drop Pods in the Blood Angels Codex is because Terminators cannot take them as dedicated transports. However, in the Space Marine Codex (and I believe the Space Wolves Codex, though my memory is hazy and the book's in the other room), you can take Drop Pods as transports for Terminators.

That's why I said, Terminators could ride in a Pod (dedicated transport!) if that where an option in our Codex. :D But thanks for the clarification, that makes the wohle point a bit more understandable. <_<

Cheers

That's why I said, Terminators could ride in a Pod (dedicated transport!) if that where an option in our Codex. :lol: But thanks for the clarification, that makes the wohle point a bit more understandable. :lol:

Cheers

Space Marines and Space Wolves codex doesn't say that you can buy a Drop Pod for the Terminators. If you look it only makes comments about Land Raiders being taken as dedicated transport under the Tatical Terminators, Assault Terminators, and Wolf Guard entries. So if it havn't been FAQed you can't use Drop Pods to transport Terminators as a dedicated transport.

Actually, with the BA codex, if you take a Drop Pod along with a tac squad or sternguard or something, you can (if there's sufficient room) attach an IC in terminator armor to that unit and deploy him that way. Even two ICs in TDA, if you are so inclined. (Five marine squad leaves five slots in the Pod, each TDA model takes two slots...one left over.)

Likewise, Space Wolves Wolf Guard (which, barring ICs, are the only unit in our army capable of being equipped with TDA) can take Drop Pods as dedicated transports. Not to mention that Wolf Guard can be assigned to any squad with a Drop Pod (Grey Hunters, Blood Claws, Long Fangs) and drop in with them in TDA (assuming the aforementioned squad is only 8 strong max).

As for the OP, same principle applies for Grey Knight Terminators in Chimeras (they simply take 2 spots, so a Chimera can hold up to 6 Terminators).

DV8

That's why I said, Terminators could ride in a Pod (dedicated transport!) if that where an option in our Codex. :) But thanks for the clarification, that makes the wohle point a bit more understandable. :)

Cheers

Space Marines and Space Wolves codex doesn't say that you can buy a Drop Pod for the Terminators. If you look it only makes comments about Land Raiders being taken as dedicated transport under the Tatical Terminators, Assault Terminators, and Wolf Guard entries. So if it havn't been FAQed you can't use Drop Pods to transport Terminators as a dedicated transport.

I got my Codices mixed up: the Space Marine Codex doesn't allow Terminator Squads to use Drop Pods, but the Space Wolves Codex does.

Look at the Wolf Guard entry again.

That's why I said, Terminators could ride in a Pod (dedicated transport!) if that where an option in our Codex. :) But thanks for the clarification, that makes the wohle point a bit more understandable. :)

Cheers

I got my Codices mixed up: the Space Marine Codex doesn't allow Terminator Squads to use Drop Pods, but the Space Wolves Codex does.

I will check it when I can but the last time I checked it said that "One unit of Wolf Guard may select a Land Raider (any varity) as a dedicated transport."

I will check it when I can but the last time I checked it said that "One unit of Wolf Guard may select a Land Raider (any varity) as a dedicated transport."

Yup. As dswanick has said, the Wolf Guard are limited to one Land Raider, but can have as many Drop Pods, Rhinos or Razorbacks as there are squads.

It's been explained to you by several different people. What's not to know?

Infantry can embark on transport vehicles. Terminators are infantry. Stormraven Gunships are transport vehicles. Terminators count every model as two models for the purpose of embarkation. What else do you need to know?

Saying "oh, but Terminators can't embark on a Razorback so they can't embark on a Stormraven Gunship" is like saying "oh, but Terminators can't equip jump packs so they can't equip storm bolters," or "oh, but Terminators can't sweeping advance so they can't actually move at all".

There is absolutely no more mention of Terminators in the Land Raider entry than there is in the Stormraven entry. Both have a transport capacity: 10, 12 or 16 models for Land Raiders and 12 models for Stormravens. Where's the problem?

Yeah I must have not read the earlier posts carefully enough (I was just waking up). Thats my bad, yeah the rule is there, good to know.

Archived