Do Blood Talons count as DCCW?

Jeffy.Gee

I've just aquired the BA codex and I'm marvelling at the awesome rules and equipment you guys get. But as the topic states, I'm unsure if Blood Talons count as Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons (that double the strength of the user) or if the models base strength is used. The listing in the codex doesn't explicitly state either way.

Your help is appreciated.

JG

General rule of thumb - If it doesn't say it is, it ain't.

No, the Blood Talons do not double the units Strength. They have their own special rules which include being power weapons and allowing additional attacks based on the number of unsaved wounds.

No, the Blood Talons do not double the units Strength. They have their own special rules which include being power weapons Lightning Claws and allowing additional attacks based on the number of unsaved wounds.

Should I have said "includes, but is not limited to"... :D

No, the Blood Talons do not double the units Strength. They have their own special rules which include being power weapons Lightning Claws and allowing additional attacks based on the number of unsaved wounds.

Should I have said "includes, but is not limited to"... :D

No. You should have said "include, but are not limited to..."

;)

Aside from punching vehicles, the lightning claw effect is usually preferable anyway. The results against monstrous creatures and very high-toughness models is pretty comparable, but the re-roll against smaller targets (T4 or less) means that you're inflicting a wound (statistically) 35 out of 36 times. Gotta love that re-roll.

Archived