Call me crazy

minionboy

So I've been playing with the idea of making my marines into a counts-as BA list, heavily due to my love of all big flying things in 40k. If I end up going this route, I would like to have my entire army either be skimmers, or fully mounted in Storm Ravens. Obviously, that limits things quite a bit.

Here's a look at the 1850 list I put together with this idea:

Reclusiarch

2x Furioso Dreadnoughts: Blood Talons, Heavy Flamer

2x Sanguinary Priests: Power Weapons

2x10 Tactical Squad: Missile Launcher, Meltagun, sergeant with fist

10 Death company: 3 power weapons, 1 fist

3x Storm Raven: multi-melta, assault cannon, extra armor

Total: 1845

It's a bit light on troops, but has fast vehicles to contest and 10-man tactical squads to camp on objectives. Has anyone had any luck with triple storm ravens? If so, what kind of list were you running?

You are crazy ;)

And you are a bit light on troops...

I'd change the tacticals to assault marines without jumppacks. you can attack straight out of the raven and there you should make every attack count..

I'd change the assault gun too to a lascan. Let the Ravens crack the shell and assault squads do the rest :HQ:

You are crazy :P

I'd change the tacticals to assault marines without jumppacks. you can attack straight out of the raven and there you should make every attack count..

I'd change the assault gun too to a lascan. Let the Ravens crack the shell and assault squads do the rest <_<

Although I believe you can remove the jump packs, if you don't take a dedicated transport you don't get the discount on points for the unit.

I've been planning a triple-Stromraven list for a while now and I've got the last of my Stormraven models ready for building.

I agree that the Stormravens should be popping any vehicles or transports and the contents should be wiping up whatever's left over, so I'm aiming for a 100% Death Company list in Stormravens. At 1,750 points I have about twenty infantry models plus three Stormravens. 2,000 points I put in 2 Death Company Dreadnoughts.

For what it's worth, I run a three raven list at 2500 (obviously, big points difference, but you could do the core of this army with fewer "goodies").

Mephiston

2 SP, JP

Furioso, Blood Talons

Furioso, Frag Cannon, Heavy Flamer

10 DC, Lemartes

DC Dread

2x Assault squad (10) 2x Meltagun, Power Fist

Assault Squad (5)

3 Speeders, MultiMelta

3 Stormravens, 2 with TL AC and TL MM, 1 with TL LC and TL MM

I put Mephy and a dread in one, DC and a dread in two, and something with a dread in 3. Keeping that last one open has allowed excellent tactical flexibility for me.

You are crazy ;)

I'd change the assault gun too to a lascan. Let the Ravens crack the shell and assault squads do the rest :rolleyes:

Although I believe you can remove the jump packs, if you don't take a dedicated transport you don't get the discount on points for the unit.

You can still buy razorbacks for the units and just not use them as the transport for the unit, just to get a few extra guns ya know.

Archived