An "out there" thought for my army:

Trevak Dal

Ok, so I know the Fallen are 'dispersed' throughout space and time and all...and that a unit-size group is unlikely either because they are avoiding capture, or because they have no way to reconnect.

Let me just rip the bandaid off here:

A Khorne Worshiping Fallen Warband.

Again-I know it's implausible. My Nightblades were originally going to be Ravenguard Successors (I really like Ravenguard) but I like the idea of a group of Fallen coming together and just being tired of being afraid of their Loyalist brothers, and allowing their martial pride be influenced by their devotion to Khorne. I'm leaning towards painting them as "Fallen" Chaos black, highlighted P3 Greatcoat grey with the red Dark Angel symbol and a Khorne mark.

Thoughts?

To be honest, i find the group gathering of Fallen to be more implausible than the Khorne worship. Remember, the chaos gods work in insidious ways. It's not like they have to even acknowledge their worship. They're warriors, there's a certain amount of pride that comes with the job. I've always imagined Khorne to be one of the easier options to fall for. It's your hobby my good man, go forth and do what you like.

I wouldn't bother making them Khorne worshippers unless you have a strong reason.

A gathering of Fallen would be easy to justify. They all agree that its time to strike back, or lure their foes into a trap by presenting a target they couldn't possibly pass up. Or maybe they're being used as bait to distract from another, larger assault elsewhere.

Another thought is that they are part Legion Fallen, with bulk filled up with Chapter Fallen.

Or to put it another way: A company of Dark Angels (or successor) turns to Chaos for XYZ reasons. A small group of Fallen from the days of the Heresy meet up with them and takes places of authority, importance, or outright leadership of the warband of "New" Fallen.

You get to keep your desired Geneseed and symbol, and most of your fluff.

A gathering of Fallen would be easy to justify. They all agree that its time to strike back, or lure their foes into a trap by presenting a target they couldn't possibly pass up. Or maybe they're being used as bait to distract from another, larger assault elsewhere.

Or its not even the Fallen, but the Alpha Legion.

Or its not even the Fallen, but the Alpha Legion.

We aren't a generic plot device dammit :HQ:

In Cypher's fluff there is the bit where fallen naturally just end up with him on his way to terra. Cypher as a chaos lord and go from there?

That's sort of what I was thinking...except maybe my crew have different ideas about how things should be.

I wouldn't bother making them Khorne worshippers unless you have a strong reason.

I have a very strong reason: I want an army of overwhelming assault capability and shooting capability (without defecting to the Blood Angels or Space Wolves). My original concept for them...was a lot more hard to swallow. The idea of the Fallen intrigue me, and I really like the idea of scatterings of them just coming together against the odds, until they are able to rise up on their own.

I'd be using a Lord-probably with a Daemon weapon, most likely alone (more often than not).

If you want them for a small band, make them 'Chosen' and give them the Icon. I have some old school Nightwing with some sharp hand painted half bat, half Khorn shoulder pad, so I think your Idea can work really well with the old school red Dark Angle symbol. Besides, to me real Dark Angels are black anyways...

I don't think it's implausible at all to be fair. Nothing to say that a group of the Fallen weren't dumped in one place at the same time either given the size of the legions.

I started something similar a long time ago and used the original site of the destroyed Caliban as a gathering point where a group of individual fallen marines met to plot their revenge on the forces of the Imperium. A lot of marines turn to chaos after going renegade or when in absolute isolation from their chapter so turning to khorne is fair enough as well.

I do remember an official story somewhere about a Nurgle-worshiping Fallen Angel so yeah, Fallen Angels worshiping the Gods have happened before.

TDA

There was also a Tzeentch serving one in Bloodquest. Bound by a long contract rather than worship though.

Archived