Crimson Fist Diorama (Objective Marker)

Mattylee

gallery_58643_6465_41332.jpg

The first of three large objective markers that I am working on for the army. This is a Sternguard Vet Sgt knocking out a Dread and a shoota boy that was along for the ride. Took about 8 hours total, including construction.

Still needs a quick drybrush and a little bit of ash flock scattered about the base, but I was glad to be finished for the day, and have it at the point that it was photo worthy.

gallery_58643_6465_8736.jpg

That missile launch is awesome. The 'smoke' seems a bit blobby somehow though – it took me a while to work out what was going on. But, a great marker.

Yeah. The smoke was kind of tough. It's just green stuff and wire, and a lot of patience. Unfortunately, it's not very photogenic. It looks a bit better on the table though.

I kind of wanted to make big cartoon style sound effect "BOOM" letters to put along the cloud, but I wasn't sure if it would make it a bit too campy.

It looks really cool and I THINK the paintings good, but I can't work out what's actually happening or any of the details :/.

It might just be me though :HQ:.

Malatox

:(

The model is a Deff Dread toppling over backwards as a Crimson Fist Sgt hurdles over his "jaw" to go after the shoota that's riding on top of the Dread. There's a lot of little details, that I need to take close ups of. For example, the close combat arm on the opposite side is swinging back and just chopped through the banner, the missile launcher fired (and missed), and one of the Close Combat arms is lopped off. I also did some verdigris on the copper areas, which I may go back over and make a little more obvious.

You're right though... it's a tough model to photograph, especially since I tried to keep the dread pretty dark (to highlight the two combatants). I need to go back and take some detail shots. That might help. :)

This is insane. And awesome. Maybe it's insanely awesome. Maybe it's awesomely insane. Whatever way, it looks good. :P

One thing, the red on the Ork's shoulder pad and the Marine's power fist looks a little thick, like it could do with a wash. It could just be the angle of the photo, since the red on the Deff Dread looks fine.

What's planned for the other two objectives?

Archived