The Dornian heresy

Im fairly new to bolted and chain sword and find myself gutted I wasn't here while the fantastic dornian heresy sprung up. I've just finished reading it for the first time and loved it. What i loved even more was the image of dorn (or who I'm guessing was dorn) in the imperial fist colours with the black thorns decorating his armour.

I have a good few chaos bits lying around and think making an imperial fist dornian styled army would be a great project.

I'm still in the middle of building up my blood angel force so this would just be a project on the side, something to take my time with.

The only snags I've bumped into so far is problems with the new citadel paint and really not being happy with the yellow I've had with test models. Are there any imperial fist players out there give me any good tips?

The others being I can only find that one image to use as reference and painting the thorns might be a tad tricky lol.

So to end the post I was wondering if any of you's out there have tried your own dornian heresy force? Not just imperial fists but any number of the army's. Post how you got on and any pictures if possible. Let's us see what you got.

Archived