Abaddon the despoiler

Nickos

I was using Meph as an example to illustrate intitiative. I agree he is not the best counter unless you can strip off a lot of Abbadon's wounds before Meph engages. Chaos has no real psychic defense so if played right Meph could go to town.

I suppose it's a question of either tailoring a list to specifically beat down Abbadon and his five terms or developing a more well rounded list that can contain him. I'd go the latter route but that's just me.

G ;)

5 Chaos Terminators are so easy to kill it is a non-issue. If it was him and 8 Berzerkers in a Raider it's more of an issue

Abaddon has no force multiplying abilities whatsoever, so all of his points are sunk into him being a giant beatstick.

Which means to beat him head on you will either need equal his points in Death Company or Storm Shield terminators.

But as has been said, just stop him from doing much damage and you're laughing. He is ONLY good for killing things. So make sure he can't kill anything of value. Pop his transport early and make him chase you round the board on foot while you kill the other 700pts of his list that isn't Abby, 5 Terms and a Raider.

If you take both Sanguinor and Dante that is an awesome combination to defeat Abbadon. Use Dante's curse to lower his stats then the Sanguinor targets him rerolling hits and wounds in combat.

G <_<

This is the exact combo I used to take him out and also me a mate math hammered Sanguinor Vs Abbason and Sanguinor was a clear winner in all 3 cases.

• 1 month later...

Archived