Ultramarines Strike Force Malleus

roooooot

Blurgh, forget the check the polarization of both hatches on side. Although the sponson works fine in both position, the door gets weird. I lost a magnet inside the body and it clamped onto one of the other placed magnets I suspect that that is causing the problem. Obligatory "how do magnets work" joke here.

Put the LR on hold while I wait for the Crusader/Redeemer bits.

Picked this little fella up. I was hoping I could customize him a bit more but I didn't have the bits I wanted to achieve the pose I had in mind so he's a pretty straight build. Lots of red and gold, that's how you know he be runnin' tings.

gallery_62416_6466_278670.jpg

Looking good there! Apart from the choice of weapons (I went with claw and storm bolter) our commanders are going to be fairly identical methinks...

What's the shape coming out the side of his base?

Ah cool. Whats the kit like, any good?

I like it a lot. It's just a big pack of instant debris strewn bases. Lots of skulls and smashed helmets and garbage thrown everywhere and all that stuff. Plus the etched brass pieces, and two tubs of slate in two different sizes. Fun stuff all around

• 2 weeks later...
Chappy Smashface McKillington.

I should probably start moving stuff to a proper hall of honour thread at some point.

Looking good. I should get me a chaplain one of these days.

I did me up a HoH thread, but weirdly I've found that people on that forum are way more nitpicky and tend to offer advice that's a bit condescending more than on here. No idea why, maybe it's just my impression and being grumpy on pain medication. :cuss In any case I don't tend to update it very much. Maybe you'll do better with yours.

Fancier pics of finished squads/HQs

gallery_62416_6466_406302.jpg

Sternguard Squad Corvinus, "The Pride of Maccrage", with attached Razorback "Hasta"

gallery_62416_6466_371563.jpg

5th Squad Dukker, with attached Rhino "Incito"*

gallery_62416_6466_288318.jpg

Terminator Squad Tetius, Librarian Vorenus, Malleus Strike-force Commander Lucius Pullo

My first RT era marines were ultras, as was my first tactical squad. Oh memories. :D 5 years later they're just a memory now; but its fantastic to see yours painted this well. Love the assualt squad, def my favorite, methinks.

My first RT era marines were ultras, as was my first tactical squad. Oh memories. :lol: 5 years later they're just a memory now; but its fantastic to see yours painted this well. Love the assualt squad, def my favorite, methinks.

I like my highlighting a lot more on that squad, gotta do some work on the weathering. In retrospect I should've started in black and filled it in with a metallic. Live and learn, and all that. But thanks!

Good to see Pullo and Vorenus featuring. ;)

Where else would I turn for some naming inspiration? I don't feel there's any need to rip any other names from that show.

gallery_62416_6466_149984.jpg

The Hammer of Ichar, pre-weathering. Noticed a few things I wanna fix up as well in the pics.

Magentized the Crusader/Redeemer sponsons as well as the vox antenna and side hatches. Didn't bother with the front turrent or hatches, really didn't see a need to it. Also, I feel like I have been working on this :) thing for like ever.

gallery_62416_6466_67934.jpg

Damn kids took the transports out to Mudflats V and gone and dirtied them all up. Totally grounded.

Also these things are officially done! 2 more razorback/rhinos to go.

Time to step away from the painting station tonight...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
man, they look so cool!

Thanks!

It's not exactly award winning or anything, but I am super proud of it all (minus the very first squad I ever painted, c'est la vie)

Archived