Ultramarines Strike Force Malleus

roooooot

gallery_62416_6466_448061.jpg

Taking a break from LPC painting with an assault terminator squad, here's a test model with the Sergeant

Edit: WIP shot of the rest of the squad

gallery_62416_6466_385787.jpg

gittin' fancy wit da bases

gallery_62416_6466_615531.jpg

As requested, full shot of my army. I couldn't bother waiting for a real camera so here's the poorly lit iphone version.

HQ

- Chaplain w/jump pack

- Librarian w/terminator armor

- Commander model

- Black Reach Captain (never use this model)

Troops

- Tactical Squad x 4

Transports

- Rhino/Razorback x 4

- Droppod

- Dreadnought Droppod

Fast Attack

- Assault Squad w/jump packs

Elites

- Terminator Squad

- Assault Terminator Squad

- Sternguard Squad

Heavy Support

- "Devastator" squad (sort of, I just mix them into tactical squad, it's not a true devastator squad)

- Black Reach Dreadnought

- Ironclad Dreadnought

- Predator

- Land Raider (magnetized sponsons for crusader/redeemer/lascannons)

On order

- Lysander model I am gonna convert, already have a fancy new shield waiting.

- Terminator chaplain

- Whirlwind

@alejandrinus, empty choke, Brother Melice: thanks!

Random WIP action while I pause my LPC vow for the moment.

Finally started my FW drop pod, whipped up the Whirlwind battery for use on my razorback tops and assembled the Rhino chassis it came with and dumped some IG stowage on it that I picked up a while ago. I know the IG stowage doesn't fully make sense, but I like having it all on there. I claim rule of cool!

gallery_62416_6466_218817.jpg

Side view, I ended up stashing the stowage on the side to the top in the end. Made more sense.

gallery_62416_6466_1091562.jpg

I feel the drop pod is going to take forever; judging from how long my Land Raider took me, and this thing is an even bigger beast. Plus I mean, considering the cash dropped on it I should probably make it extra awesome and detailed. I am really really really looking forward to weathering my two pods, that's my favorite part of painting vehicles.

Oh my, that text and weathering

I am very impressed :lol:

Thanks! I wish I could take all the credit for the lettering, but that's all thanks to Forge World

Great job! I realy like your lense effect!

why is the space marines whirlwind is carrying lazgun?

It's those damned lazy IG hanging out in my back field / I had some IG stowage around that I really liked and that's the best cover story I can come up with on the spot.

gallery_62416_6466_124715.jpg

1 of 2 magnetized [very much a wip] Land Speeders.

I hadn't thought ahead and didn't full magnetize the door sets. There's a magnet on the inside of the doors and I trimmed the outcropping off the typhoon sponsons and drilled through the missile feed (needs some minor green stuff cleanup). One thing I did that I notice after checking some tutorials after the fact is how most people do the flamer/autocannon assembly. Typically they seem to favor just magnetized the entire assembly to the bottom of the speeder, but I built up a weapon attachment strut (?) using green stuff so I can swap just the weapon instead of the whole piece. Never really tried do anything like that before, and I think it turned out pretty nifty.

On the second one I'm gonna properly do the doors with some sprue. I had already glued the body together and didn't realize what a pain in the ass trying to affix precisely placed things inside after the fact was going to be. No really biggie though, they are pretty flush to the sides as is, and it's just a minor nitpick.

• 4 weeks later...

Inspired by Veteran Sergeant's awesome conversion project I decided to take a look at bulking my 5 man Sternguard squad into a proper 10 man unit, without breaking the bank and having two of each model. I'm assembling these guys out of random bits I have with the addition of some Assault Marines sprue action (legs + harness torsos).

Here's 2 of 5 so far, just waiting on a bits order for some extra arms and melta's to convert to combi-meltas.

gallery_62416_6466_1678203.jpg

gallery_62416_6466_2063964.jpg

gallery_62416_6466_507125.jpg

I'll probably drop the storm bolter, it was intended as a "heavier weapon than a regular bolter to represent a combi-weapon"

Very cool, I've thought the same thing, since I saw that thread. Though a quick question, why use the assault marine harness torso?

It was the closest pre-made thing resembling a harness like this http://www.zahal.org/files/images/products...o_harness02.jpg that I can stick grenades and ammo pouches to in a similar manner.

Archived