Telion vs Jurian

E. Severus

Hi,

I'm trying to beat the utterly annoying race of the Dark Eldars (as many here I presume). And because my daily opponents love putting jurian in a bunch of grotesques and love using his clonefield to allocate the wounds away from them, I was asking myself weither I could use my dear scout master to kill the guy from turn 1.

I couldn't find it in any FAQ's so... Anyone knows ?

Thanks in Advance

S

Telion has the eye of vengence ability. You delcare who you're shooting (if he's attached to a squad) roll to hit, then you declare who you want to take the wounding saves BEFORE you roll them. I believe thats the correct description (@ work with no book).

actually nots not correct

Eye of vengeance: Wounds caused by Telions shooting attacks are allocated by his controlling player, rather then the opposing player

So its done after the wound rolls, as its "wounds caused"

Legatus's answer covers this, but to address the other point of confusion... <3

Telion's EoV allows him to allocate the wounds he inflicts (instead of his opponent). He's got to do it legally (i.e. he can't just blindly stack both of the wounds he does on a single model if this violates even allocation) but he does get to allocate his wounds. It helps you guarantee that the annoying power fist in the squad has to take a save.

Telion's EoV allows him to allocate the wounds he inflicts (instead of his opponent). He's got to do it legally (i.e. he can't just blindly stack both of the wounds he does on a single model if this violates even allocation) but he does get to allocate his wounds. It helps you guarantee that the annoying power fist in the squad has to take a save.

+1 to this, the only grey area is whether or not you allocate telions wounds before your opponent allocates the rest.. but given YOU decide where the wounds go most people let Telion go first (otherwise you can force telions wounds onto non important models), if he gets a rending wound, that powerfist wont get a save and comes straight off the table, do not pass go do not collect $200

...but given YOU decide where the wounds go most people let Telion go first (otherwise you can force telions wounds onto non important models)...

Wait, how could you force this?

Telion goes first. He puts one of his wounds on your Power Fist guy, the other on a melta gun.

Telion goes last. Either your opponent has already put wounds on Power Fist guy and the melta gun, otherwise Telion puts them there anyway.

I don't see order as a restriction; just that he gets to allocate what wounds he does. If he does two (which is rare, but nice) you can either go first, or - if the sniper unit actually managed to overflow the target with wounds, Telion's wounds can go on last and you can possibly force two saves on the upgraded models.

...but given YOU decide where the wounds go most people let Telion go first (otherwise you can force telions wounds onto non important models)...

Wait, how could you force this?

Telion goes first. He puts one of his wounds on your Power Fist guy, the other on a melta gun.

Telion goes last. Either your opponent has already put wounds on Power Fist guy and the melta gun, otherwise Telion puts them there anyway.

I don't see order as a restriction; just that he gets to allocate what wounds he does. If he does two (which is rare, but nice) you can either go first, or - if the sniper unit actually managed to overflow the target with wounds, Telion's wounds can go on last and you can possibly force two saves on the upgraded models.

Think outside of MEQ for a moment, thade. A Sniper rifle is AP6, while Telion's Bolter is AP5. Wound allocation can suddenly become very important if you're trying to apply Telion's AP5 hits on a IG squad Melta 5+ Flak armor.

Think outside of MEQ for a moment, thade. A Sniper rifle is AP6, while Telion's Bolter is AP5. Wound allocation can suddenly become very important if you're trying to apply Telion's AP5 hits on a IG squad Melta 5+ Flak armor.

Ah, I see. If the opponent goes first, he can allocate armor-savable wounds to upgrade models so they don't take AP wounds. Interesting.

When I did use Telion, I did go first for convenience. Also, I never confronted IG with Telion in my list, just by coincidence.

Ah, I see. If the opponent goes first, he can allocate armor-savable wounds to upgrade models so they don't take AP wounds. Interesting.

When I did use Telion, I did go first for convenience. Also, I never confronted IG with Telion in my list, just by coincidence.

telion is also rending... That can make it useful too :D

Yep. Also, a canny opponent could apply all the 4+ wounding Sniper hits on low toughness models, and the Str4 Bolter hit on a high Toughness model which wouldn't likely be wounded by S4.

The only restriction is that Telion must allocate his wounds legally; it seems to be generally accepted that he goes first, otherwise in many cases his ability can be disregarded.

Yep. Also, a canny opponent could apply all the 4+ wounding Sniper hits on low toughness models, and the Str4 Bolter hit on a high Toughness model which wouldn't likely be wounded by S4.

(Its after wounding)

The only restriction is that Telion must allocate his wounds legally; it seems to be generally accepted that he goes first, otherwise in many cases his ability can be disregarded.

I agree. It seems easier that way, and more polite; I cannot imagine most players take kindly to an opponent telling them to reallocate their wounds. More importantly, I cannot find anything to suggest the player with wounded models may countermand where the player controlling Telion decides to place the wounds, regardless of order, as long as they are allocated legally.

I once faced an opponent who literally said, "Hahahah, you can't put them there, because I'm putting different ones there first!" It reminded me of the "I'm not touching you!" scene from Lilo and Stitch. -_-

I once faced an opponent who literally said, "Hahahah, you can't put them there, because I'm putting different ones there first!" It reminded me of the "I'm not touching you!" scene from Lilo and Stitch. :huh:

War games are a gentlemen's agreement. If one of the parties is neither a gentlemen nor privy to any sort of agreement, it's no longer a war game. It's an annoying hour and a half to two hours of you bullet-listing reasons you'll never game with that particular person again. :P

Archived